Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Software does not start

Posted by ThijsRoumen 
Software does not start
November 20, 2011 11:50AM
Hey,

I have a strange problem which probably has a very easy solution.

I am studying at a university in Denmark and I am using a printer somebody else has built and developed. It is a Mendel with gen3 electronics. The printer has already worked and printed quite some stuff. So the hardware should be fine.

In order to be able to use the printer from my computer I downloaded all the sanguino and reprap software which I seemed to need in order to use it. When I do not connect my computer to the USB plug of the printer the reprap software launches perfectly fine. But when I do connect the printer and my computer then the software does not launch. Which is annoying.. I get the message:

fatal: not a git repository : .git

What does this mean?

The only thing I changed in the software is setting the right COM port in preferences. I set it to COM19 (which should be the right one according to my device manager). This however seems to be critical because when I set it to a random other number or make sure COM19 is not connected the software launches as it should. Only when COM19 is set and the printer is connected I get the weird message.

Can someone help me out on this one?!
Re: Software does not start
November 23, 2011 07:31PM
anyone..?
November 24, 2011 04:40AM
Try to use repsnapper or printrun instead.
I believe reprap host is obsolete and few people are still using it (hence the lack of response).
November 24, 2011 07:53AM
As usual, I can be wrong :

I just read on the reprap blog that reprap host is still maintained and got some new features recently.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login