Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

plotter

Posted by shane-paul 
plotter
October 10, 2011 11:11AM
Introduction
my name is Shane I have been a mould maker for 20 years and a bit, so as far as developing objects by hand I am the man who can do it. I have cerebral palsy and although this is not a progressive condition, as I got older I found it harder to construct accurate objects without using a 3-D printer. The raprap does not interest me so much to develop a objects but the programme Skeinforge does.

I am in the process of trying to develop a social printer out of an old arts Council England project, http://shane-paul.blogspot.com/all the pieces are nearly there however I need some open source software to replace a program that I brought a few years ago which is primarily a program for schoolchildren to develop small objects. It is called rapid pro http://www.boxford.co.uk/boxford/docs/products/rapid.htmand it works pretty well it's nice, you can create large items with it however to make it easier to use there are things that need to be developed with the interface and I would like the program itself to be free at point of use for those who cannot afford to use a 3-D printer to develop their ideas.

Rapid pro has a few issues Boxford do not seem interested in rectifying for me

1. it output as .rpp which I think is 3-D printer file but because my plotter does not work off a standard Windows printer most plotters are stand-alone it has problem plotting files out.

2. Ordering segments within the program PDF attached

3. As a mould maker I was really interested in the borders that go round the objects primarily because I could make a reverse trough mode, so that my object is in reverse and in the trough tip resins, Silicon rubber and all kinds of useful liquids so I do not just end up with one object but a object which is made from the exact materials I wish. But the borders need sum work to achieve this.

I am going for an unlimited award to try and generate some money towards materials so that people who wish to generate objects and items which necessarily have never had the opportunity or unable to afford before Can do so

would Skeinforge be the answer to my problem, unfortunately I am not a programmer can anyone help me with this.
shane
Attachments:
open | download - shane.pdf (478.7 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login