Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any RepRap Builders in the Detroit area?

Posted by CNC-Joe 
Any RepRap Builders in the Detroit area?
October 15, 2014 07:11AM
I have started collecting parts for a RepRap Prusa Mendel I3

I would be very interested in talking to other 3-D printer enthusiasts in the Detroit area (( I live in Romeo ))I
If you are building any type of 3-D printer, or purchased an already assembled model.

I would like to compare software, methods, etc.

Also - if there are groups nearby (even say Ann Arbor) - I'd be willing to travel there for meetings.

Please drop me a line - and put "RepRap 3D Printer" in the subject line at: JoeComunale (At Symbol) comcast.net

Hope to hear from some other enthusiasts and share our knowledge.

Joe
Romeo, Michigan
Re: Any RepRap Builders in the Detroit area?
October 26, 2014 11:01PM
Hey Joe!

I just saw your post or I would have said something earlier. Believe it or not, I actually grew up in Romeo!

I'm living in Royal Oak now because it's closer to i3 Detroit.

I built a prusa i3, the laser cut aluminum version, and i've had a lot of success with that so far.

Let me know if you have any questions. Building a 3d printer from scratch can be frustrating so i'd love to help out if I can.

Anthony G
October 27, 2014 08:58AM
Hi Anthony,

- I would greatly appreciate talking with you - as well as possibly seeing your set up.
- I'd also like to talk to you about I3Detroit.

- You can PM me at JoeComunale <> comcast.net
(of course, replace the "<>" with an "@")

Thank You for the offer of help - I greatly appreciate it.

Joe
February 09, 2016 10:01PM
Wow,
Not many Reppers in Michigan eh? I'm in Warren and I have a Davinci 2.0 on RAMPS and a Custom Ordbot I built.
If any are still interested around the metro area please feel free to chime in. I also have a Zenbot 2424 CNC router
running Mach3 for doing the wood stuff. Contact me here or email is in profile.

Cheers!
MarkB
March 31, 2016 05:06PM
Hello. I'm In Pontiac and have a few reprap printers. A couple of Prusa I2 s and a couple made from t slot rail.

here are some videos of my recent builds

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2016 08:29AM by Shank man.
July 18, 2016 03:21PM
Recently purchased a Pursa i3 MK2 upgrade for my Prusa i3 and I'm having all kinds of trouble getting it setup. I'm looking for someone to assemble it (or modify it to get it working for me).

Would love some help if possible. Thank you for your time.

Jeremy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2016 03:23PM by Unknwnrider.
August 01, 2017 09:26AM
Yea I'm out in Taylor I'm still struggling with my printer it's board went out and ever since I installed a ramps board it's been nothing but trouble but I'm finally narrowing down it's problems and I'm more than willing to share what I've learned it would be nice to exchange knowledge with others by day I'm a industrial cnc programmer so I'm very familiar with cad software and typical g code but this has been a frustrating learning curve let me know if there's anything I can help with hoping to make new friends in the reprap community
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login