Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Invitation to demo 3D printing at Museum of Science 8/31 & 9/1

Hello,

I'm an educator at the Museum of Science. I'm organizing the "Mars and Beyond" weekend program for August 31 - September 1 (Labor Day weekend), 2013. Among many space topics, we'll look at how humans might travel to and live on Mars. One of our speakers will discuss the idea that astronauts living on Mars could print objects they need out of plastic manufactured from CO2 and other raw materials obtained on Mars.

I would love to have a real 3D printer in action to illustrate this idea. When we had local 3D printing enthusiasts demonstrating their gear in 2012, our visitors loved it! Thank you so much to those of you who participated in those demos.

Would anyone be available to bring a 3D printer and demonstrate it on 8/31 or 9/1? The event is 11:00 am to 4:00 pm both days. You'd want to arrive early enough to get printing by 11:00. If you can't be there the whole day, please let me know what hours you could be there. This must all be planned in advance; if you show up the day of the event without warning, there won't be space for you or your printer.

Thank you very much!

Julia

Julia Sable, PhD, MFA
Education Associate, Current Science & Technology
Museum of Science, Boston
jsable@mos.org
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login