Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New England meeting, sometime in the next couple months?

Posted by Larry_Pfeffer 
New England meeting, sometime in the next couple months?
November 25, 2008 11:46AM
Greetings all,

It sounds like there may be interest in holding another New England area meeting in the next couple months. (And maybe even increase the frequency to ~quarterly?) Topic focus TBD; feel free to chime in with your ideas.
I was thinking about an extruder-building party; any interest?

Anybody in the area reading this who isn't yet part of our google group,
[groups.google.com]

feel free to email me for an invitation.

Larry Pfeffer
ursine @t gm4il d0t c0m
Hi,

I do NOT have a reprap yet, and I am about 6 months away from having the time to build one. I would like to see and talk about them if your group is open to lurkers.

Thanks, Ben
Re: New England meeting, sometime in the next couple months?
November 28, 2009 04:43PM
Ben,

Lurking is perfectly fine; nobody is checking qualifications or anything like that, just be reasonably polite. I'm also sending you an invitation to our google group -- that's where more traffic is going, lately.

-- Larry

Ben Wade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> I do NOT have a reprap yet, and I am about 6
> months away from having the time to build one. I
> would like to see and talk about them if your
> group is open to lurkers.
>
>
> Thanks, Ben
December 01, 2009 12:16PM
Larry,

I'm in the process of debugging my makerbot. I think getting together with other owners, and wanna be owners, of 3-D printers is a great idea.

Reards and thanks
Bill
December 02, 2009 02:54PM
Bill,

Nice to hear from you. Most of our local msg traffic (what there is of it), is now on a google group:
[groups.google.com]

If you let me know your email address, I'll send you an invitation.
We *try* to meet a couple times/year, but the timing has been pretty variable.

Larry
ursine @t gmail d0t c0m

Larry Pfeffer,

My blog about building repstrap Cerberus:
[repstrap-cerberus.blogspot.com]
Hello,
my friend and I go to the Coast Guard Academy in CT and are currently about 40% done building a McWire repstrap. We currently have plans to see if the mendel and future versions would be applicable to the Coast Guard (the hope would be to secure some funding).

We would love to be notified if you guys get together to discuss new ideas or improvements since we are only 90 minutes away.

If you would like to provide tips or clue us in please contact me at runningslife 1525 @ sbcglobal d0t n3t
Hello,

The Association of Professional Modelmakers, APMM is planning a marathon, pot luck, build of a Mendel at our biannual conference in Boston. March 26-29. We are planning that members from around the country will bring the parts fabricated on a wide variety of 3d printers, cnc etc. .We are looking for help, advice as well as participation. Of course we would love for you to come to the conference but if you want to stop buy the build only, I am sure we can work that out. Have a look at [www.modelmakers.org].
And the other pages there. The final machine will be donated to a university but we will make some seed parts as well. Thanks

Charles
We will be building this weekend starting friday late afternoon.
Stop by the cambridge hyatt, paul revere room .

Charles
March 24, 2010 05:13PM
Hope it goes well. Neat project, by the way.

-Sebastien

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login