Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help with my first printer.

Need help with my first printer.
October 25, 2013 06:00AM
I'm just North of Seattle in the Bellingham area and I would love to pass on this to other people in my area, if I had my own printer to begin with that is. So does anybody have some spare time to build some parts for a new printer I'm willing to pay for materials? I have been trying to find the cheapest 3d printer that I could just purchase but I think if I had somebody local it would be cheaper. I'm more than willing to travel down to the Seattle area or extenstions of king county. What I will do with the printer as I stated before is print more of them and distribute for free or of very little cost, would also probably start a education group at the local library and educate people on 3d printing and how it can help build a greener future.
Re: Need help with my first printer.
December 25, 2013 04:59PM
Hi Developing,

Someone printed some parts for me recently to build my first printer. I would be happy to do that too when I finish my printer. You are probably aware that the 3d printed parts only make up 10% or so of the price right. If you have the rest of the parts already then you might check out the Delta 3d Printers Google Group, which is where I found plastic parts.
Re: Need help with my first printer.
March 24, 2014 04:34PM
Good day.. Am in the same place here... The choices are wide, the information to guide is minimal... The stock answer for which machine to start with seems to be 'They are all cool!' or 'There is no one...'

I ordered a Kossel Clear today, and will live with that choice no matter... I am sure it will be entertaining and educational. But am looking to pick up a more mainline reprap that I can get online quickly and starting pushing plastic. So am hoping someone might share some wisdom on what a good starter mainline reprap would be.. A reasonable system that can be expected to delivery good accuracy, yet remain inexpensive..

Any wisdom shared would be most welcome...

Cheers
Anjin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login