Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Greetings from Fort Collins

Posted by L4nce0 
Greetings from Fort Collins
June 14, 2010 04:30PM
Hey I'm Jim. I'm starting to look into all the details about building a Mendel Reprap. do any of you meet up and talk about these projects? I'm really into computer modding, that is the main purpose of this project. So I can make my own custom computer case parts. rom drive racks, etc.

I'm 21. I go to school at CSU for software engineering. you can see my case at myspace.com/l4nce0 ( the only reason I have a myspace.. photo linking!)

( looks at email) seems however CU is refusing to let me use their 3d printer to make the parts. (I'm not surprised. CU is known for being a snobbish, in denial it's really just a party school, school)... If any one local has Mendel part's I'm interested.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2010 04:32PM by L4nce0.
Re: Greetings from Fort Collins
October 15, 2011 06:22AM
Hah geese, I'm still only one of 3 posts, after over a year? I got a prusa these days, if any one is in the fort collins area, look me up. just take my user name, make the 0 a 1 and add a gmail to it.
My friend and I are looking into getting/building a 3d printer. We're not sure which one we may get. Do you have a Mendal and Prusa? If so, what is your review on the two? Would you recommend one over the other? We are just starting out on this project. Any advise would be most appreciated.
January 05, 2012 10:43AM
topher

I'm from Fort Collins also. I'm at the end of my build of a laser cut mendel from techzone.com. This is my 1st build so I don't have much experience to share but what I have I would be happy to talk with you about it.
February 01, 2012 09:17AM
I have a functional mendel that I bought from lulzbot.com (in Loveland)

I'm still working on my techzone.com laser cut mendel and having nothing but problems. I really regret this purchase. If you are reading this and want some advice, let me know. I have a good view into both the build and purchase complete perspectives
February 09, 2012 06:00PM
Hey all, I'm another Fort Collins reprapper...started my Prusa build Thanksgiving week 2011 and had it running about 3 weeks later. Got a good start on parts from the great guys at Aleph/Lulzbot and the rest from a scattering of places. I caused myself some issues, time, and frustration in a couple ways: building a Sanguinololu from the bare board, and a DIY heated bed. It has worked out well in the end, though...getting some very nice prints now.

I'd be happy to help out anyone local who is in the build process, contemplating jumping in, or in need of debugging.

Any interest in a monthly user group meeting?
May 28, 2012 05:48PM
I'm picking up my Aleph Object-built MendelMax tomorrow - YIPPEE!! I invited Aleph to visit the Chem Dept at CSU (my 'day job') two weeks ago. Several of us were interested, but I am the first to bite!

Other NoCo builders are invited to contact me. We should have some sort of gatherings, even if just for lunch.

Michael Olsen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2012 05:49PM by glassguy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login