Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help me Brisbane Reprappers... you're my only hope smiling smiley

Posted by Isky 
Help me Brisbane Reprappers... you're my only hope smiling smiley
April 06, 2014 09:46PM
Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but looking at previous posts I might be on the right track =]

I'm from Brisbane and trying to make my first reprap. I'm pretty much designing it myself. I'm getting to the stage where I might need some help and ideas from a few like minded peeps with experience. Because I don't know anyone with a 3D printer I decided to make mine using as few 3D printed parts as possible, but am getting to the stage where I need a few things printed now. X carriage/extruder etc.

Last week I got all depressed about my build thinking I'd gotten my self in too deep for my first printer and decided to try making a Rostock. Seemed easier once you find the printed parts. I built the base and attached some uprights... also got the rods. Now I'm not sure what to do exactly. I just know I want a printer lol. I would also like to help others realize their dream once I have more experience.

Might go along to the next HSBNE open night tomorrow night for a look as well smiling smiley

I've attached a link to a few shots of my builds so far if any one is interested. I was hoping to order the electronics this week but am putting it off in case I can't finish it. So far I've built everything out of old junk I've found lying around =]

[postimg.org]

Cheers
Isky

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2014 09:49PM by Isky.

www.iskyC96.com
Re: Help me Brisbane Reprappers... you're my only hope smiling smiley
April 09, 2014 06:18AM
I like the builds so far.
April 09, 2014 07:05AM
Thanks Freerpg
April 13, 2014 07:38AM
Looking good, the prusa style is definately the one for beginners, its the one I would continue to pursue. If you need to print anything I can help you out.
April 13, 2014 11:08PM
Thanks dansxmods. Yeah I'll definietly be doing that first. Plus I've put a load of effort into it. I think I'm set for getting prints done for the time being, but could probably benifit from a little advice etc. Still trying to work out the best extruder to use plus how to mount it to the 2 X rods. The spacing I've used in the perspex is 40mm from centre to centre rod. But I'm remaking the whole X axis so can space my holes any way I like next time. I was thinking Prusa? Plus someone else I met mentioned the 'Wades' extruder?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login