Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brisbane - Get together?

Posted by Glennbot 
Brisbane - Get together?
June 06, 2013 05:47PM
Any one interested in getting together to talk 3D Printers and show off your machines and prints in the Brisbane area?

I have build a printer from the ground up (my own design) which I'm very happy with.

I have a lot of knowledge in the Electronics and Mechanical aspect. (but rusty on the software side) so this might be of help to other people.

Cheers,
Glenn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2013 07:53AM by Glennbot.
Re: Brisbane - Get together?
June 07, 2013 11:27PM
Sounds like this could be fun. I have wanted do something like this for a while now. I am in Greenbank, where were you thinking of doing it.

Daniel.
June 07, 2013 11:45PM
I'm at Wakerley (East Brisbane) but I'm unsure where we could meet. It depending on how many people are keen I guess..

If it's only a few then I'm more than happy for people to come over to my place. but if its a crowed then we might have to put more thought into it.

Let wait a week or two and see how many people are interested.

Cheers,
Glenn.
February 27, 2014 06:04PM
Did the Brissie meet ever happen? I'm keen to meet others in Brisbane who own repraps, I am planning on building a Prusia i3 as soon as I can source a good frame for it, but would be cool to catch up with some local guys with a bit of expertise in the area.
February 27, 2014 07:31PM
There's always a few people who own repraps at HSBNE ( Hackerspace Brisbane - [hsbne.org] ), so you could always try there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2014 07:31PM by Cefiar.
February 27, 2014 11:11PM
Thanks Cefiar, sounds like an option. Alternatively if there is a bit more interest in this now as this thread was started a while ago I have suggestions for where we can hold it, public library's offer meeting room hire outs for around $25 for 4 hours, seat around 30 people with network access and projector. Could be cool?
February 28, 2014 12:39AM
I am still keen to do something maybe once a month.
Was a member of the hackerspace but can't attend anymore and want to focus more on 3d printers anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2014 12:41AM by dansxmods.
February 28, 2014 04:00AM
How many people would come?

Can we please get some feed back from everyone.

Count me in as long as I don't have to drive 50km.

Glenn
February 28, 2014 05:59AM
Good stuff guys. I'm in but I won't be able to bring a printer just yet.
March 03, 2014 04:54AM
I would try to be there, as long as it is not too far, I have 2 printers, would only bring 1, and I am in the process of designing my own printer.
March 05, 2014 07:35PM
Looks like a small get together smiling smiley No worries. Where and when? For me generally anytime is a good time. No point hireing a meeting space for barely a handful of people, i'm not really in a good position to host unless we really have to (place is a bit cramped but I could make some room) how about either of you Dan and Glen?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login