Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repraps in Townsville?

Posted by Dane 
Repraps in Townsville?
May 17, 2012 06:14AM
Hi everyone, I have a Reprap up here in Townsville and was just curious if there were any others in the area?
Re: Repraps in Townsville?
May 17, 2012 07:41PM
Hi Dane,
I'm in Blackwater, so I think I'm the closest to you in this forum.

May 21, 2012 03:21AM
Thanks Shibboleth, I guess there is not going to be any user groups up here any time soon, oh well I still have the internet smiling smiley
May 21, 2012 09:43PM
Hello Dane,

There is a couple of people around town who are into this, You can Contact me on PM.

Grant

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2012 02:47AM by baj_.
May 23, 2012 04:07PM
Hi Grant have Sent you a PM.
July 26, 2012 05:11AM
Hey Guys, I'm currently in the market for a RepRap.
I live in North Ward and would love some help/general advice once I make my purchase.
I'm looking at the RepRapPro Huxley as it is my first build.
What do you guys have? any recommendations?
dak
September 30, 2012 09:47PM
G'day,

I live in TSV. I have just finished putting together the RepRapPro Mendel. I'm just in the final stages of commissioning it.
I would be keen in catching up to talk reprap.

I can host a get together at my place for ppl in the area who interested in / have a 3D printer. I'm new to this so I would be hoping that some more experienced come to share their knowledge.

Let me know
Daniel
October 07, 2012 11:17PM
Hello Dak,

Yeah i would be interest with a meet up although i don't have a Reprap Persey, I have a 3d printer and wouldn't mind coming to get together and talking about them.

Regards
Grant
January 21, 2013 01:17AM
Hey
Im not in tville, im in mackay, but thought i would say hey
August 28, 2013 02:21AM
Hi everyone,

I work at CityLibraries Townsville, and we're preparing a 3D printer (Makerbot) service to be available for people in the community to use. I'm interested in finding out if there are any 3D printing groups, formal or informal, regardless of make and model, in Townsville, and am keen to swap ideas!

Please feel free to contact me if you're interested in chatting or have info to share.

Cheers,

Warren

P 07 4727 8326
M 0407 593 362
E warren.cheetham@townsville.qld.gov.au
November 05, 2013 08:23PM
Hi,
There seems to be a few people around Townsville with 3D printer now so I was thinking about trying to organise a meet up. Let me know if you are interested and we will see what we can work out.
Cheers,
Dane.

Robotronics Australia
3D Printer Parts and Supplies
November 16, 2013 09:38AM
Hi Dear.

To anyone who hasn’t seen it demonstrated, 3-D printing sounds futuristic—like the meals that materialized in the Jetsons’ oven at the touch of a keypad. But the technology is quite straightforward: It is a small evolutionary step from spraying toner on paper to putting down layers of something more substantial (such as plastic resin) until the layers add up to an object. And yet, by enabling a machine to produce objects of any shape, on the spot and as needed, 3-D printing really is ushering in a new era.
January 19, 2014 02:55AM
Hi Dane,

I'm in North Ward and I have a B9 Creator on it way, it should be here next week. If you get a group started Please let know.

Regards,

Chris
March 08, 2014 01:32AM
Hi Everyone,
I have had a few expressions of interest for a get together. Sorry I haven't organised anything sooner. I have spoken to Warren Cheetham (see post above) from the Townsville City Libraries and there may be the possibility of using the Aitkenvale library as a meeting place.

The Townsville City Libraries are having a 3D Printer Open Day to launch their new Makerbot and Warren has invited me to display some printers. I am sure if anyone else wished to bring along their printer for a demonstration you would be most welcome to do so, just PM him from his message above and he will send you a registration form.
The open day is on Saturday 22 March, 9am - 2pm at the Aitkenvale Library.

It would also be a good place to meet for the first time for those interested in starting up a user group.
Hope to see you there.
Dane.

Robotronics Australia
3D Printer Parts and Supplies
March 18, 2014 03:44AM
Hi everyone,

Some more info about CityLibraries Townsville's 3D Printing Open Day:

3D Printing Open Day
Saturday 22 March, 9am - 2pm
CITYLIBRARIES AITKENVALE

Are you interested in 3D printing and wanting to learn more?

Come along to Aitkenvale Library for our 3D Printing Open Day where CityLibraries will be launching their very own MakerBot 3D printer.

On the day you will also have the opportunity to experience a range of high tech devices in action, from a number of different user groups around Townsville. Several local businesses will be showcasing their equipment and available to answer all of your questions. For more information contact CityLibraries Aitkenvale on 47278310 or ask one of our friendly customer service staff.

Cost: FREE
No bookings required.
March 18, 2014 03:45AM
This may also be of interest, it's a commercial 3D Printing Expo in Townsville, 1st May 2014.

http://3dprintingexpo.org/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login