Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Selling my Custom made 3D printer

Posted by GenericArt 
Selling my Custom made 3D printer
March 01, 2017 05:13PM
I'm selling my custom built 3d printer due to now having a daughter which takes up most of my time. I had built this printer with the plan to close up the inner cube with sheet metal to have a enclosed printing area to better control temperatures and then also wall up the outside of the printer to keep all the wiring and motors out of sight. So still a little work to do if you wanted to take it that far.

Other than aesthetics the printer prints quite well, I've attached some examples of things I have printed in the past with it. The printing area is roughly 23cm x 34cm x 19cm. It's very sturdy built mostly of extruded aluminium and printed parts of abs. The printer is a XY core and runs off the Marlin open source software. Being open source I added auto bed leveling to the printer and boy does that make a difference, love that feature. There are 5 nema 17 motors on the machine which were made in the USA, not cheap Chinese motors. It has an original E3D V6 nozzle ordered from E3D themselves and I have a second generic "e3d v6" nozzle from china as well which hasn't been used yet. The motor drivers are TMC2100's running off a RAMPS 1.4 board connected to an arduino. The printing bed also has a heater attached to the bottom of it with a controller for setting the temperature.

On top of the printer I am adding in some spare parts and a bunch of spools of various materials(ABS, PLA, Nina-Flex, T-Glass and PetG). Also I own a license of Simplify3D which I could throw into the deal, that alone is worth $150 usd. I'm asking for $1,300 for all of it.

Craigslist Ad for Printer plus Pictures

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2017 07:17PM by GenericArt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login