Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Filament distributors

Posted by pspuria81 
Filament distributors
September 12, 2011 04:48PM
i cant seem to find a topic regarding PLA and ABS direclty so i figured i would make one

first off i would like to ask why the majority of companies that sell the filament are always out of stock
second i would like to know where THEY get their stock and if there are USA wholesalers that i can go directly to
i tried googling and i cant find wholesale PLA filament
Re: Filament distributors
September 12, 2011 04:57PM
As far as ABS suppliers, there are two that I recently posted: [forums.reprap.org].
September 12, 2011 05:05PM
i havent used ABS and from all the info off the net seems like PLA is where i should start
i would like to find a local wholesaler that has this material
September 12, 2011 07:06PM
Ultimachine sells PLA in the US, and while they're sometimes out of stock of specific colors they always have something. They are also very reliable and their plastic has been great quality so far.
September 12, 2011 10:15PM
sometimes out of stock? they have been out for months, maybe they get stock in and not update the website but that doesnt help potential customers
thats great to hear that they sell quality product they need to keep stock
September 13, 2011 03:33AM
pspuria81 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sometimes out of stock? they have been out for
> months, maybe they get stock in and not update the
> website but that doesnt help potential customers
> thats great to hear that they sell quality product
> they need to keep stock

Ultimachine has plenty of PLA in stock, and they almost always have at least some colors in stock. I've never had an issue buying PLA from them.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
September 13, 2011 12:10PM
I just looked at ultimachine's site, and they have every color of PLA in stock except natural. Like I said they're out of stock of specific colors but always have something. In this case they have black, blue, silver, orange, white, translucent blue, translucent green, and yellow (did I miss anything? I just glanced at it). Is there nothing there you can use?
September 13, 2011 01:42PM
yea as of yesterday they didnt have certain 1lb or 5 lb colors and i sent an email to them asking about that and they updated it, i already ordered some stock for myself i just wanted to find a wholesaler that i can be a distributor for
September 13, 2011 03:00PM
I have also had very good luck with Ultimachine.

Has anyone noticed more transport issues with translucent filaments or is it just me?
September 13, 2011 03:07PM
No problems here... PLA only.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
September 13, 2011 03:58PM
im looking for local USA wholesalers near Massachusetts, my other question is: is there a measuring tool that i can put on top of the extruder where the filament enters to count the amount used? or a such thing as a filament counter?
September 13, 2011 05:24PM
Skeinforge tells you a total volume for the print, which can be easily turned into a length.
September 13, 2011 07:25PM
i guess ill have to download that program instead of the one i already have
July 17, 2013 06:06AM
I´m looking for a high quality 3D printer European supplier to distribuite them on Spain.

Best regards!
July 17, 2013 06:02PM
There is a list of filament suppliers on RepRapWiki

My webshop is also on the list.
For US citizens my shipping rates are probably too high, but for europe they seem to be very acceptable.
The filament i sell if from repraper.com It's a widely used filament and a lot about it is written here on the forum.

If you want filament wholesale, you should contact a manufacturer. You can find many of them on Ebay.

--

[www.filamentenmeer.nl]
PLA in 15 different colors
ABS in 17 different colors
July 17, 2013 09:52PM
I just received my first shipment of plastic and I am working on getting my site up and running. I will be selling 3mm and 1.75mm filament in white, black, natural and safety orange as well as nylon. I plan on expanding my color offerings as I can afford to. It is very expensive to stock every single color in every format available. I'm not out of stock but I also haven't officially opened my doors for business smiling smiley If anyone needs some plastic before I open please let me know. As of right now my price is $38 a Kg and everything is sourced inside the United States.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login