Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any Sumpod feedback yet?

Posted by Njones 
lob
Re: Any Sumpod feedback yet?
October 11, 2011 04:23PM
No. I made the mistake of buying a kit instead through the Al eMaker Huxley Network. I'm basically just jealous and riddled with envy for all you people who have a Sumpod on the way...any day now. Just ignore my insane ramblings. Richard is clearly an eccentric genius of which the reprap community has never seen before. Not a scammer. No.

Then again...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2011 04:24PM by lob.
October 11, 2011 04:31PM
O.K. So let me get this straight... You have nothing to do with the sumpod and yet every single post you have made on this site is in this thread on... sumpods...? What is your agenda?
lob
October 11, 2011 04:42PM
I'm an undercover operative working for the Al eM**** Huxley Network. If Sumpod is a success it'll put everyone else out of business! Duncan quickly blew his cover by going in too hard too fast, so the big boss sent me in to try and create BS "health concerns." When that didn't work, I tried to even suggest that "Richard" might in reality be a sophisticated crime gang. Wait, why am I telling you all this?
October 11, 2011 04:46PM
Shipping was supposed to start this week right? Anyone got one yet?
October 11, 2011 04:59PM
@Njones:

Richard is dropping them off to the courier tonight/tomorrow morning so we should hopefully have some more in the wild soon.

@Lob

I love the way you are completly unable to give a straight answer. It seems unlikely to me that your in cahoots with a competitor, infact it seems unlikely to me that anyone is. the thing is, its the only explanation that I can see that does not seem to highlight the irony of your prior suggestion that Richard was autistic. Have you looked at yourself banging on about MDF? Am I being led on by a troll? Who knows, the only thing I can be certain of is that you honestly have no business in here.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2011 05:55PM by thip.
October 11, 2011 07:57PM
thip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Njones:
>
> Richard is dropping them off to the courier
> tonight/tomorrow morning so we should hopefully
> have some more in the wild soon.
>
>
I think i have heard that phrase containing the words "shipping" and "tomorrow" several times through the last few months. ESPECCIALLY in all the mails that have been sent out from Richard.

@lob: /ttp man, i couldn't agree more now that the first two secret agents blew their cover i guess my stealth suit goes up in smoke aswell and it becomes obvious that this whole thread is just intended to harm Richard. I mean apart from misleading us about the state of affairs, countless new excuses for the delays and key questions (like a video of a working sumpod) being systematically ignored, i see REALLY no concern to bash that poor guy. ^_^

Frankly this is just a big smear campaign against Richard. ^_⁻
October 11, 2011 10:05PM
Mr k I have sent an email as you are upset. The offer from the last email still stands. It is 304 and I am at my unit so text me there.
October 12, 2011 01:20AM
@lob smiling smiley

@thip you question people about whether they are apart of this and yet you are not on the list yourself. You should mind your own business and leave the other to express their concern and not try to sensor them like "richard". You mention before that Richard was just disorganize and have gathered "vast amount" of information to confirm who he is then i don't think you mind sharing it with us? pm work here so don't be afraid. Many have asked for update that he constantly refuses and have caused those negative impression made solely by him so he don't have anyone to blame but himself. Not even Duncan can bring down a reputable company.
October 12, 2011 03:47AM
Thing is I am on the list, I'm second in line. I don't particularly want to share some of the information I have found because: a) It isn't relevant to the conversation here, b) It has the potential to be quite sensitive, and c) because I myself would not appreciate it if someone started posting my personal details all over the web. If you think I am BSing then so be it. This was to allay my own personal fears more than anything.

Also, I have no issues with people who are complaining about how long this has taken e.t.c. fair enough. It has taken far longer than it should have and you are perfectly entitled to be annoyed. What I do take issue with however is the scare mongering, especially when it is made by people who have absolutely zero interest in the sumpod and absolutely nothing to lose! It is not constructive or productive.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 04:08AM by thip.
October 12, 2011 04:11AM
BTW there is one video on YouTube of a Sumpod printing entitled "A look at the $500 SUMPOD 3D Printer/CNC printing"

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
lob
October 12, 2011 05:02AM
Confidence is restored! Let's give Richard - at the very least - another 2 1/2 months before we become (a tad) concerned again. In the mean time, let's all hope that campaigns 3, 4 (and 5 which much be just weeks away) are huge successes drawing in 100s of more funders who will forever get to look forward to receiving their Sumpods.
October 12, 2011 05:21AM
I give up.
October 12, 2011 09:10AM
@thip, its tuesday, has the promised sumpod been delived? I believe you said you had tracking numbers on wednesday.

@everyone, if thip is not indeed richard, then he is ... sorry she is probably his his daughter, because i can guarentee that she is on here, if not thip then the other one who fiercly defends richard.

You say to give richard the benifit of the douubt, well, they all did that before. If Richard was honest and had a reputation like some other companies doing reprap, then ofcourse you would give them the benifit of doubt. But he dosent.

All we ever got from richard was lies built on lies, and every action he takes just seems to be another blow as to how stupid and trust worthy people can be. Now, are you all trying to tell me you believe the internet is a safe place and certianly not somewhere con men would exist. I also might point out that if he was a bad conman he would not have 40K in his pocket right now. As LOB pointed out, and some have asked, why continue the sharade if its a scam, why not! hes getting paid for it. dose anyone actually have any proof that richard is actually richard and not just some inpersonator, its not like identity theft ever happens these days is it. It might also explain why (if indeed) richard hand delivered the sumpod, because then there is no link back to his base. I know he has the UNIT, but does he, is there any real proof. Those pics would be quite easy to knock up. I know this may all be a bit far fetched. But how do you think people get scammed online. there generally not that stupid.

Some of what I just said can easily be shot down by richard, put up a recent photo of himself with a sumpod and a paper or somthing in his workshop. This would go a long way to countering what I just said. Now, if he says no to this, youve got to ask yourself why?

in 15 weeks, richard has hand delivered one sumpod, (which to my knowledge is still not operational). if there were 10 out there and he was putting one out a week, this post would not exist, it would simply say, hes quite slow but he gets there in the end. That same guy has posted more pics and given more info that richard ever has, and he has nothing invested in the sumpod (if indeed he exists).

Richard defends himself with words (which we know he is a liar) so that cant be beieved. Given that people have lost faith in him, why does he not shut us all up and end this thread, by either A, delivering the pods, or B, post lots of photos and vids of his progress and components etc. I told him he should do that months ago. But he refused. Now why would an honest to god buisnessman refuse????

It cant be because he is bussy as nothing has been done, and we all know that he just sits by his indiogogo camapigns day and night making sure nothing bad is said on them.

Right back at the begining, I was the first person to post on his first campaign (not the one that you all seen), I asked him for pics, or vids, or instructions, I said I would not back it unless there was and that i didnt think anyone else would either. After a week or so, he deleted the whole campaign, then started another one.(sound familiar).

Then when I looked again, there was a few people who had bought it, I waited a while and gradually the number rose. After quite some I believed the sumpod to be genuine, (because a few more pics were put up).Whos to say those first 2-3 buyers were not infact fictional.

If it was a legitimate buisness, anything anyone had said on here could be countered with proof from richard, yes, things can be faked quite easily, but when there is lots of it, not so easy. Maybe thast why there is only a little bit.

You may also think my accusations are wild, but thats because we have so little to go on. Richard gives us only the tiniest bit of info to string us along.

I might also point out that I recieved nusence emails and calls from richard and he has tried to research me online. Mainly because he wants me to shut up, why go to that length, when you could just take some pics etc and give more detailed info....then if satisfied that this was not a scam I would shut up forever.
October 12, 2011 09:17AM
I'm totally not concerned by that sumpod "affair", but I'd say for now it's useless to argue and people who think they've been scammed should ask for a refund, the confident ones should just wait and see.

People who put their money in that thing are grown-ups, warning them once is enough, repeating over and over the same idea you have is somewhat too much IMO : it goes against your claimed goal, as people will also be suspicious against you.

Now... that's only my 2 € cents...
October 12, 2011 09:31AM
@deux
The main goal is to try to get richard to give some proof that this is not a scam, but he wont, or is it cant?
October 12, 2011 10:10AM
If he was wanting/able to do it, it would have been done already.
October 12, 2011 11:36AM
Unfortunately Duncan you know that's not the reason as you have been invited to the unit along with everyone who has contributed.
In fact you said you would make it your life's work to have it fail.

You declined my offer as you wouldn't benefit.

My work is to turn it around and make it a success. .

Richard
October 12, 2011 12:13PM
well, why dont you make a start at rebuilding you customers trust by putting up a photo of yourself with a sumpod at your unit, and some pics of the progress and a detail reason for the delays, with some proof, or alternatly, why dont u just ignore everything and continue on with just text and no proof.
October 12, 2011 03:16PM
@thip We are here questioning Richard's motive and you don't think that having background on this guy is relevant? Your not being forthcoming or credible and it seem to some of us that you are related to Richard. Again, pm work here and just share what you think is appropriate so I can also allay my fear. Show of hands on how many people visited the place or have a tracking number?
October 12, 2011 04:05PM
sam please email me at my email address in the updates or send a contact number unfortunately like the other chap your forum name doesn't match any records i have.

Richard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 04:07PM by progomez.
October 12, 2011 04:22PM
Sam - to respond to your question about who has tracking numbers, I'm like 35 of 45 in the first round but no tracking number yet. Would love to visit but I'm in the US. -Eric
October 12, 2011 04:41PM
i'm around #28 of first round, no tracking number either yet.
i heard rumors of people with number <=15 having tracking numbers though.
October 12, 2011 04:43PM
I'm #2 and if you haven't already realised, I do have a tracking number smiling smiley
October 12, 2011 06:12PM
i also have a tracking number and i am number 9. my tracking number actually went in reverse yesterday when it showed no information and now it is back to information received. he did mention that he would drop them off yesterday and today so we will see. mine ending in 166.

PS. I live too far to visit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 06:36PM by sypher.
October 12, 2011 07:41PM
the whole sumpod story is getting more and more confusing.
this guy obviously visited richard today:
[ideasfixer.blogspot.com]
October 12, 2011 09:59PM
duncanperham Wrote:
> @deux
> The main goal is to try to get richard to give
> some proof that this is not a scam, but he wont,
> or is it cant?

I don't understand why you just don't visit, as it appears you've been asked to many times. So you can see for yourself whether or not it is a scam. The only reason I can think of you not taking up this logical offer, is that you enjoy causing hysteria. I hope others are bright enough to see this major flaw in your scaremongering. As well as taking into consideration that people have visited, and posted about it, as shown in the link in the above post. I just really don't get your angle Duncan...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 10:03PM by Holden.
October 12, 2011 10:04PM
It sounds like a couple people here have actual tracking numbers so I guess we'll all see fairly soon what the deal is - hope it's a real (and real cool!) one!
October 12, 2011 10:18PM
How many sockpuppets are there in this thread?
Most of the accounts posting in this thread have never posted in any other thread. Some sockpuppets are bashing Duncan (it's obviously especiallty if you cross reference the puppet's writing style to some close members in richards forum) and some bash Richard.
My personal consequence is to just pull out this whole sumpod project till things sort out - or not.
You can critisize the way Duncan or anyone else arguments but something just doesn't sound right about the whole project.

Did any printers ship out as of today?
Why is it so difficult to get a reply to such a simple question.
Why do people horray about having shipping numbers since a week but obviously no number is tracable yet? Can anyone confirm their sumpod actually being tracable?
What's the next step after shipping numbers? shipping number identifiers? shipping number confirmation codes? damn why not just ship the stuff :-)
lob
October 13, 2011 04:03AM
I've got THREE theories as to what is going on here. Only one of them has a positive outcome.

1. Richard really is who he says he is, is rather brilliant, just perhaps lacking somewhat in organizational and communication [mild autism?] skills. People will eventually get their Sumpods, but it might be like 6 months from today for the latest funders (Round 3 now has 5!)

2. Richard is rather brilliant and all that, but hasn't quite finished the prototype, therefore should really NOT be going into production. Still, he saw how much JM raised, and though 'no time to waste'. He's raised quite a bit, but not as much as JM, and people are annoying him and can't work out what a genius he is. Screw the lot of them! It's all Duncan's fault! Thanks for the money btw.

3. Organised crime is moving online and becoming very sophisticated. They would be aware that JM raised a ton of cash very quickly. Maybe an organised crime gang just so happened to be aware of someone who had a semi-working prototype machine. They paid him a visit and offered him a cut from the funding campaign. They thought they could generate $150k or more like JMs funding campaign. Only, if they didn't actually supply the machine kits they'd make a mint.

They're the only three theories that I can come up with. I hope for the sake of all the investors, theory 1 is correct. Time will tell.
October 13, 2011 07:37AM
lob Wrote:
2. Richard is rather brilliant and all that, but hasn't quite finished the prototype, therefore should really NOT be going into production. Still, he saw how much JM raised, and though 'no time to waste'. He's raised quite a bit, but not as much as JM, and people are annoying him and can't work out what a genius he is. Screw the lot of them! It's all Duncan's fault! Thanks for the money btw

> 3. Organised crime is moving online and becoming
> very sophisticated. They would be aware that JM
> raised a ton of cash very quickly. Maybe an
> organised crime gang just so happened to be aware
> of someone who had a semi-working prototype
> machine. They paid him a visit and offered him a
> cut from the funding campaign. They thought they
> could generate $150k or more like JMs funding
> campaign. Only, if they didn't actually supply the
> machine kits they'd make a mint.

I like how you've fabricated this, despite knowing the facts completely contradict it. The Sumpod and Jean Marc's first campaign went out within days of each other. Plus, Jean Marc did not receive masses of orders until mid-late campaign, when the sumpod campaign was also at the mid-late stage. So unless a flux capacitor is in play here (next conspiracy theory maybe?), how would Richard have known Jean Marc's venture would be a success, and have the foresight to create a campaign a good while in advance of any of this success being shown? (I think both the Sumpod and Jean Marc's first campaign are still online, so why not check the start date of both, as well as the time when most orders were received by Jean Marc. I highly doubt you will though, for it appears you're not in the business of facts. Just fairy tales)

And lets not forget they are two completely different machines, catering for completely different niches.

Perhaps you're getting kicks out of making completely unfounded claims? But you're just looking rather silly to me...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2011 07:45AM by Holden.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login