Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rapman 3.2 PCB repair/replacement

Posted by SeanS 
Rapman 3.2 PCB repair/replacement
March 18, 2018 01:18PM
Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum, I hope my question is still relevant...

I JUST finished assembling a RapMan 3.2 Touch. I was very happy with the printer and was looking forward to using it.
However, the PCB made contact with something it shouldn't have and the Z loom is fried. When I activate the motor it just jitters very loudly, not moving. The Y and X work fine but emit a pulsing high pitched noise instead of the normal low volume steady pitch.

My question is does anyone out there have a RapMan 3.2 PCB for sale? Does anyone know where to find one (I already tried 3D systems)? Or does anyone have a link to a guide that would show me how to program a different board to do the job?

I realize this is ancient tech, but after all the time I spent building it I became a bit attached! If anyone can help me with this problem, I would be very grateful.

Thank you for reading!

Sean
Re: Rapman 3.2 PCB repair/replacement
March 18, 2018 06:50PM
You're unlikely to find new controller boards for your printer, it shouldn't be too hard to configure it for a different control board though.
March 19, 2018 08:58AM
Hello Trakyan,

Thank you for the response. Do you have any suggestions? I am a novice when it comes to programming so I would need a tutorial or guide to aid me.

Thanks again!
March 19, 2018 06:29PM
I can't point you to anything specific, but there are lots of videos/guides out there for a setting up a printer with just about any control board out there. I'd recommend something that's easy to configure (like smoothie or reprapfirmware), but those are pricier. Otherwise I'd at least go for a single board 8 bit solution rather than something like RAMPS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login