Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to Resurrection for 3D printers

Posted by bemyself1983 
How to Resurrection for 3D printers
March 15, 2018 10:07PM
Hi everybody !

In the process of using a 3D printer I encountered a lot of power problems suddenly lost. My 3D products have to be reprinted from the very beginning. I found out on the network that some lines have function to restore the printing process after a power outage. The Original Prusa I3 MK3, Gyan limited, or WASP delta models. From here I have the idea of writing code back to malirn to save the data when lost to the memory card. That process I have done but for the hardware I have no electronic experience I will describe briefly, you contribute to me on this hardware model so that I can complete it. My 3D printer in Vietnam CGen It is also prusa i3 is also very.
Attachments:
open | download - power.JPG (39.6 KB)
Re: How to Resurrection for 3D printers
March 16, 2018 03:11AM
The Duet WiFi and Duet Ethernet controller electronics running RepRapFirmware have this resurrect facility too (https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/Setting_up_to_resume_a_print_after_a_power_failure). The hardware you need is:

- A mechanism to detect that power is going down. The Duets have this built in. The Prusa uses a separate power detect board that feeds a signal into the main electronics.
- 24V power not 12V, so that sufficient voltage is available to drive the motors for longer.
- A mechanism to turn off the heaters quickly when power failure is detected, to conserve power. The Duets are fast enough to do this in firmware. The processors used in 8-bit electronics are slower and don't provide configurable interrupt priorities, so Prusa has extra circuitry included on the Einsy controller to do that.
- If you save the resume data to SD card, you may need a mechanism to continue to provide power to the processor for several tens of milliseconds after the main power is exhausted. Again, this is built in to the Duet. I don't know whether the Einsy has this too. A large capacitor connected across the processor power rail may be sufficient.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2018 12:22PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: How to Resurrection for 3D printers
March 28, 2018 11:32PM
dc42
The Duet WiFi and Duet Ethernet controller electronics running RepRapFirmware have this resurrect facility too (https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/Setting_up_to_resume_a_print_after_a_power_failure). The hardware you need is:

- A mechanism to detect that power is going down. The Duets have this built in. The Prusa uses a separate power detect board that feeds a signal into the main electronics.
- 24V power not 12V, so that sufficient voltage is available to drive the motors for longer.
- A mechanism to turn off the heaters quickly when power failure is detected, to conserve power. The Duets are fast enough to do this in firmware. The processors used in 8-bit electronics are slower and don't provide configurable interrupt priorities, so Prusa has extra circuitry included on the Einsy controller to do that.
- If you save the resume data to SD card, you may need a mechanism to continue to provide power to the processor for several tens of milliseconds after the main power is exhausted. Again, this is built in to the Duet. I don't know whether the Einsy has this too. A large capacitor connected across the processor power rail may be sufficient.

Thanks . I Used 24V power . It work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login