Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta Printer Homing Issue

Posted by Naktrem 
Delta Printer Homing Issue
March 14, 2018 12:10PM
Hello there,

I recently build my first 3d printer and it came out ok. However i have issues with it. When I try to home it comes up halfway and stop. First I thought it maybe caused by delta_height setting so I doubled it and then it seems like it worked however it is double the distance between nozzle and the bed so it might cause scaling issues. Next I suspect that it might be caused by steps per mm calculation. however they are also correct. In addition to that only random two of my max endstops working correctly when I tried to double the distance. I check all by M119 command and each one of them worked. So at this point I am really confused and don't know what to do. confused smiley

Hope you guys can help.

P.S: I am using Marlin 1.1.8 Firmware, if wanted I can add video and configuration.h file.
Re: Delta Printer Homing Issue
March 15, 2018 09:58AM
Tried with Repetier firmware still the same issue and it homes super slow. And also gives warning about wrong coordinates. Maybe I should ditch the whole 3D printer, maybe it is not for me....
Re: Delta Printer Homing Issue
March 15, 2018 02:16PM
Try asking at [forums.reprap.org] or [groups.google.com].

Delta printers can be very rewarding, although for best results they need to be built very carefully and they benefit from using 32-bit electronics and firmware. But the problems you describe sound like straightforward firmware configurations issues to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2018 02:16PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login