Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS Base v1.4 driver bypass

Posted by S1CAR1US 
MKS Base v1.4 driver bypass
January 28, 2018 09:09PM
Hi, I have found some info on this including a few posts here on this forum but I am needing some more specific information from one of the pros out there. The questions I have are specifically regarding the TMC2130s. I have just ordered a couple and I would like to be able to install them on an MKS Base v1.4. However, if I cant use the SPI interfacing then I dont really see the point and might as well just wait until I can afford a new board. I have watched the video by Tom S. in which he shows that the SPI interfacing pins are broken out into the AUX headers, but I am not sure if that is going to be the same for the Base because I believe he is using either an SBase or a GEN. Also, If this IS possible and I can get all of the functionality (i.e. / 1/256 msteps, stall guard, stealth chop, sensor-less homing....) out of the 2130s while using the Base 1.4.... do I need to buy these still right?

Then, if it is not possible, is it possible using a MKS Gen 1.4? If I do have to buy a new board, Is there any reason to spend the extra money for a 32bit SBase over a Gen considering I am using cartesian?
Re: MKS Base v1.4 driver bypass
February 02, 2018 02:17PM
what is it you are hoping to accomplish ? 1/256 micro stepping if your printing gold wire with a 0.01 nozzle ? Do you need a new board?
February 02, 2018 03:49PM
Roger123D
what is it you are hoping to accomplish ? 1/256 micro stepping if your printing gold wire with a 0.01 nozzle ? Do you need a new board?

What are you, new...? Is that even a complete thought or are you having trouble translating to English maybe? If not and your trying to be smart...., C'mon man, do some research before making yourself look stupid. You notice how no one has responded, that's because it's not an easy question to answer... no question I ever ask is simple to answer. Because the same way I already figured this out, I do the work to figure things out. So one reply on the board✓ and it's completely unintelligible nonsense... congratulations! If your going to answer a question with a question, next time just consider opening a new thread. ( ;
February 02, 2018 06:06PM
that link to the breakout board for " A4988/8825 External stepper" you compared pinouts with TMC2130s?

is this any help!! late here just glanced over it hackaday
February 03, 2018 01:48PM
The SPI pins are on the AUX3 header on the BASE, so that’s all fine. But the issue you have is that with integrated drivers, you’re going to struggle to get the EN, DTEP and DIR signals you need.

I strongly suggest you just throw in the towel and get an MKS GEN instead. They’re £/$/€ 20 ish. Also, don’t be tempted by the slightly cheaper FYSETC Chinese TMC2130 drivers; they’re wired for standalone mode and it’s pretty fiddly to modify them back in to the proper SPI ones they ought to be. Just order the watterott ones.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login