Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TMC 2100 setup - 1.3/1.7A maximum current for 2 amp nema17?

Posted by dasflux 
TMC 2100 setup - 1.3/1.7A maximum current for 2 amp nema17?
January 27, 2018 11:25PM
Im upgrading to TMC 2100's in my MKS gen 1.4. I was just going over vref configuration in the wiki when I noticed this statement in the wiki.

"The maximum continuous current is 1,25A (Irms) or 1,77A (Imax) and is determined by the 0,11Ω-sense resistor.

Chinese PCB's have been reported with a 6.8k Ohm potentiometer instead of 20k. This limits the maximum current significantly."

This sucks... I got a bondtech on the way. I hate to give up that little bit extra for this. But I was looking at the aliexpress page where I got it. How am I even gonna know that till I get it running. And then i read this...

"9, set aside the motor pulse and the direction of the output port, to facilitate the external large current external to connect a large current (such as 5A, 2A) motor drive circuit." - here is the link for the board [www.aliexpress.com]

Hard to read the bad english. I can't tell if its telling me I can change a pin somewhere for that extra amperage or that I can expand the board for larger motors with a shield somewhere.

Can anyone help me out here and share some guidance? I guess its not the end of the world for the 1.8a vref, but knowing I have to move a lot of stuff around to fit this board in my box to find out later im not even gonna get that 1.7 will suck. Are 1,25A (Irms) or 1,77A (Imax) two totally different things here?
Re: TMC 2100 setup - 1.3/1.7A maximum current for 2 amp nema17?
January 28, 2018 02:09AM
MKS has a 4 pin header next to the driver ports. That way you can connect external drivers with more amperage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login