Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wantai Motor Store sale on 11.11.2017

Posted by Teilchen 
Wantai Motor Store sale on 11.11.2017
November 30, 2017 01:24AM
Hi,
Perhaps I am not the only one out there... Wantai Motor Store on AliExpress had ridiculesly low prices on 11.11 sale this year. I was not hoping for much, but still I placed an order for a couple of stepper drivers. Soon enough the seller changed the prices back to normal.
Consequently, the seller did not ship my orders, and doesn't seem to be keen on answering my messages. Does it sound familiar?
AliExpress support just promises to send them a reminder email, but apparently all in vain.
Did someone else fall into the same fake offer? Is there anything I can do to force the seller to ship out the goods? Sound silly, I know... but I still have hope.
Re: Wantai Motor Store sale on 11.11.2017
November 30, 2017 02:21AM
Isn't that common practice? You %-sell your overhead stock until it's sold out. Then switch back to normal prices. Maybe this was mentioned in the small print....?
Also remember the time difference between China and Europe or US. Was it still 11.11 in China, when you placed your order?
November 30, 2017 02:42AM
You're probably lucky. They could have sent some marginally working steppers and then insisted you return them to get a refundeye popping smiley
November 30, 2017 02:42AM
Yes it was definitely a start of 11.11 in China, i have been waiting on the start of this sale (9:00 in Europe, and the prices dropped somewhat about noon).
The order was accepted by AliExpress and marked payed almost immediately.
But it's not the point, I just wish to know if someone else is in the same boat... and if there are any consequences for the seller if they do not ship.
December 01, 2017 01:51AM
If you brought on 11.11 it depends on the postal service if it will be delivered within the next days or after christmas - this is normal time-span.
About 15-20 days is express, 30 days is normal, 45 days is still nothing to worry about.
December 01, 2017 03:42PM
That's sucks but I would add a word of positive about wantai. I needed some custom 0.9 deg steppers with dual shaft, they didn't list them, sent an email direct to them they asked me what spec I needed and then sent me two custom nema 17s for about 30 USD. They good motors too.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
December 02, 2017 02:51PM
Yes they are usually good, I have them in my delta und in some other projects. That's the point, it was a great offer, but it seems they have made a mistake with that prices, or at least that is what they say (I finally got a reply on my Skype request).
They ask me to cancel the order, since the price was too low by mistake. I find it sad, since it was a 11.11 sale, and that prices were listed for a couple of days before the sale start actually.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login