did anyone succesfully glued PETG parts
together?
Which glue did you use?

Any suggestions are welcomed.
Regards
Mario
Re: PETG Glue
October 11, 2017 12:10PM
My experience is that superglue/ca glue will work but it doesn't dissolve/smooth like acetone does with abs.

There are solvents which can dissolve it but they are fairly nasty compared to acetone which isnt very toxic if used carefully.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
October 11, 2017 12:25PM
Watch this
[www.youtube.com]
October 17, 2017 02:37PM
yes I tried with Superglue but bond is weak
and parts can be easily separated by hand.
Any other suggestion ?

Mario
October 17, 2017 05:35PM
I haven't tried it with PET-G, but I have used "Gorilla Glue" [www.gorillatough.com] which seems to match up to its claim: "The water activated polyurethane formula expands into materials to form an incredibly strong bond to virtually anything making Gorilla Glue your solution for almost any project or repair."

It expands while setting, so you do need to clamp the pieces together for a couple of hours.
October 18, 2017 06:49PM
I have used epoxy, super glue and plastic glues on nGen, which is a pet based plastic. All work, and all seem to work equally well with epoxy probably being the strongest, but all create a stronger bond then the actual strength of the print.

Make sure to prep and clean the surface to be glued.. Superglue is fussy about this

*expensive superglue works better then cheap stuff as well... The gorilla glue brand superglue is great stuff... Have used a few other brands with good success too that I will link when I get a chance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2017 06:51PM by Origamib.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login