Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please Help compiling the adroino and uploading error

Posted by Steven Rude 
Please Help compiling the adroino and uploading error
August 15, 2017 12:11AM
Can someone help. Thru this process, I have realized I am not a DIY person, and getting this printer up and running is a difficult, to say the least, task.

I was trying to compile and upload the code to the adroine board, and it stopped and gave me an error.

Please help!

Here is the error.

Arduino: 1.6.10 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from sketch\SdFile.h:27:0,

from sketch\cardreader.h:6,

from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:37:

SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'

struct fpos_t {

^

In file included from sketch\Marlin.h:10:0,

from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:30:

c:\users\steve\downloads\arduino-1.6.10-windows\arduino-1.6.10\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\stdio.h:950:33: note: 'fpos_t' has a previous declaration here

__extension__ typedef long long fpos_t;

^

exit status 1
using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
Re: Please Help compiling the adroino and uploading error
August 15, 2017 12:24AM
A lot of people have been posting this error lately and I dont know why. What printer did you buy? And where did you get the firmware file?

This happens when trying to configure an old version of the marlin firmware with a new version of the arduino software.

You have a few options on how to solve this issue.

First I would recommend downloading the latest version of marlin [marlinfw.org] just make sure you change the mechanical setting to match your printer. A quick search for "Marlin firmware setup" on youtube will help you find everything.

If downloading the new version of marlin is noit an option then renaming fpos_t variables in SdBaseFile.h and SdBaseFile.cpp to another name like filepos_t . This should fix your current firmware as fpos_t is used in current arduino compilers so cannot be a variable. Use ctrl + F to help find them. I would recommend making a copy of the firmware file first in case you accidentally make a mistake.

final option if you dont like any of the other two, Down grade your Arduino to version 1.0.6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login