Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin + Pronterface USB not recognized

Posted by ivancdp 
Marlin + Pronterface USB not recognized
August 13, 2017 05:55PM
Hello y'all,

I would appreciate a hand with my project. I am new to the reprap community and just finished building my Mendel 90.
I searched for my problem, but encountered no solutions.

So, I want to test it to see if I made all the right connections.
From what I understand, the first step is to load Marlin software onto the Ramps board.
Then I think I can control it with the Pronterface software by just connecting it and sending the commands.

Again, I'm a noob here, if there is a better way to do it or a guide that you know, please help me telling what to do.

The main problem is that neither the Arduino IDE nor the Pronterface software recognize my usb ports (they don't even show up as an option).

What should I do? Thanks in advance!
Re: Marlin + Pronterface USB not recognized
August 13, 2017 06:22PM
Sounds like an OS issue... so what OS are you running?

If widows what does device manager say? any errors? what device driver does it load?
Take a screen shot of the device manager in the serial port area, with the printer controller connected.
August 13, 2017 09:19PM
Im running macOS Sierra 10.12.4
Here is what Pronterface looks like (attached).
The Arduino IDE shows the exact same ports, which all seem to be bluetooth connections.
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 22.17.43.png (165.1 KB)
August 13, 2017 09:49PM
well megas typically come with 1 of 2 different serial to usb converters, depending on how cheap they are....

CH340 or atmega16u2

The standard is the atmega16u2, but cheap boards from china often come with a ch340

Try the CH340 drivers for mac from [blog.sengotta.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login