Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No smooth movement.

Posted by vladoff 
No smooth movement.
August 10, 2017 08:31AM
Hi,

I work with X400.
I noticed that when I print a skirt, the extruder moves with breaks, then when it starts to print the main object, it prints smoothly.
Is that normal?
Re: No smooth movement.
August 10, 2017 03:47PM
Are you slicing with S3D by chance? I remember reading something on these forums that people noticed the skirt with S3D was not continuous, but normal printing was fine. However, I don't remember exactly where I saw that someone had figured out there was an issue with skirts and S3D.
August 10, 2017 05:06PM
Yes S3D generates strange gcode for the skirt (alternate very short and longer moves, with very different extrusion rates), so that behaviour is often seen.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 14, 2017 05:24AM
PDBeal
Are you slicing with S3D by chance? I remember reading something on these forums that people noticed the skirt with S3D was not continuous, but normal printing was fine. However, I don't remember exactly where I saw that someone had figured out there was an issue with skirts and S3D.

Yes, I'm using Simplify 3D.

Thank you for the answer.
August 14, 2017 05:29AM
dc42
Yes S3D generates strange gcode for the skirt (alternate very short and longer moves, with very different extrusion rates), so that behaviour is often seen.

That's what I want to know.
Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login