Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble finding the right bowden fitting

Posted by gonadgranny 
Trouble finding the right bowden fitting
August 09, 2017 07:10AM
Hi all.
The push-fitting for my bowden tube on the hotend side has stopped working. I took it out and used my caliper to measer to diameter of the threaded side. it reads 9.3mm. I cant find any push fit bowden tubes which are 9mm let alone 9.3. Am i missing something in how the thread is measured or do i just have a ridiculously quirky model(it is a chinese clone). any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Danny
Re: Trouble finding the right bowden fitting
August 09, 2017 08:23AM
it is not 9.3mm - it is 1/8" --> All versions
August 09, 2017 08:56AM
That is 1/8" NPT or BSP (National Pipe Thread or British Standard Pipe thread) For your purposes these are completely compatible although not so compatible at high pressures

quick ref at [www.ralstoninst.com]

Mike
August 09, 2017 01:16PM
Thanks so much!
August 09, 2017 03:32PM
I'm having trouble finding cheap version of the other type for the V6 the one I have is silver & black, different size thread, I thnk i found it on ebay but dont want to pay & wait only to find I picked the wrong one, its about 9.5mm. Which is the right one M10?

Suppose I should dig out the V6 Specs Duh

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2017 05:50PM by MechaBits.
August 09, 2017 07:56PM
These work for me:
[www.aliexpress.com]
[www.aliexpress.com]

NB: Black means that the PTFE tube goes right through it, blue means that the tube ends in the connector.
August 11, 2017 12:39AM
Thanks Frank, They look a little rougher than the one I have, assume its because of sealing gunk on threads, but wasnt aware black meant all the way through, I have a couple of throats most with ptfe but think for the V6 I did get one or 2 without, for when I decide to test the ABS rolls, so would have to feed it in to throat a little to keep in place.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login