Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homing Position Read

Posted by sinanur 
Homing Position Read
May 23, 2017 03:55AM
Hello,
New to forum old to 3D. Sorry if this was asked before but I could not find any related problem/solution in either here or google.
I have a prusa i3 sunhokey with Marlin firmware. I use simplify3d as slicer.
The problem I noticed lately, is, when I press on Home X and Home Y the printer successfully hits both end stops and without further move it settles on end stops(as expected). But on both X and Y position read out values are not zeroed. X reads 10 and Y reads 20. For a whole day I searched this values in firmware with no luck.
This is not an offset related issue.
Are they not supposed to show 0 after homing? If so why do they not?
Any help appreciated.
Re: Homing Position Read
May 23, 2017 04:48AM
There are a couple of possibilities.

In configuration.h
#define manual_x_home_pos
#define manual_y_home_pos

Can be defined to allow a printer who's axes are bigger than its build plate to home at a negative position, and then move to a coordinate within the 0-whatever range when the next move command happens. For your printer to show x10,y20 then these would have to read

#define manual_x_home_pos 10
#define manual_y_home_pos 20

The other possibility is that your eeprom contains an M206 home offset command, either clear eeprom or send M206 X0 Y0 Z0 and then rehome and see if it fixes it, if it does m500 to save.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
May 23, 2017 05:03AM
Thanks DJDD. I know that #define manual_x_home_pos is set to null, yet I tried messing with them with no change in situation.

I will try the M206 thing, but somehow I think this is not eeprom related...
May 24, 2017 08:17AM
M206 X0 Y0 Z0 and then rehome did not work. Still Home X and Home Y gives 10 and 20 value. EEPROM is disabled.

Any ideas?
May 24, 2017 08:18AM
Post your configuration.h and configuration_adv.h

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
May 24, 2017 08:20AM
Or try setting your manual home position to x - 10 and y-20 see what happens.

Simon Khoury

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login