Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

About to buy Anet A8

Posted by chucketn 
About to buy Anet A8
May 20, 2017 05:01PM
I am about to buy an Anet A8 from E-Bay. I think the Anet A8 is the best choice for a first printer. I have a few questions.
What is the best filament type for first setup/calibration/first prints? Why?
Do any e-bay sales with filament offer a choice of filament type?
What is the best choice of bundled software/controller/etc. and why?

Chuck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2017 05:01PM by chucketn.
Re: About to buy Anet A8
May 20, 2017 05:59PM
I would recommend PLA filament for your first prints, I find it the easiest to print, it prints at a low temperature and isn't fussy. The Anet A8 comes with an old version of Cura for slicing, but you can use the newest version just fine. I would recommend installing Skynet3D firmware and enabling the thermal protections. These are disabled in the default firmware.
May 20, 2017 07:32PM
Pheneeny
I would recommend PLA filament for your first prints, I find it the easiest to print, it prints at a low temperature and isn't fussy. The Anet A8 comes with an old version of Cura for slicing, but you can use the newest version just fine. I would recommend installing Skynet3D firmware and enabling the thermal protections. These are disabled in the default firmware.

Thanks, Pheneeny. What version of Cura and Skynet3d should I look for?

Chuck
May 21, 2017 01:14PM
Just grab the latest of both.
May 22, 2017 01:26PM
[amp.reddit.com]

Just don't let the printer print unattended...
May 22, 2017 02:29PM
Just ordered the mosfet and power switch parts to add while building. Thanks for the warning.

Chuck
May 22, 2017 02:32PM
Anyone close to me (Jonesborough, TN) willing to print the power supply cover for adding the power cord connector, and the mosfet mount? So I can have them for the build?

Chuck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2017 02:32PM by chucketn.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login