Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Large Closed Loop Timing Belt

Posted by shortyski13 
Large Closed Loop Timing Belt
April 15, 2017 11:40AM
I'm looking for a rather large (2138mm to be exactly, obviously bigger is okay, just not smaller) gt2 closed timing belt to run the pulleys for the bed raising/lowering on my large printer corexy design. I have to admit, i didn't expect to have the issue of not being able to find a large belt. Does anyone know where I can get one, or how to convert an open pulley into closed that will actually hold together?

Thanks
Re: Large Closed Loop Timing Belt
April 15, 2017 01:25PM
shortyski13
I'm looking for a rather large (2138mm to be exactly, obviously bigger is okay, just not smaller) gt2 closed timing belt to run the pulleys for the bed raising/lowering on my large printer corexy design. I have to admit, i didn't expect to have the issue of not being able to find a large belt. Does anyone know where I can get one, or how to convert an open pulley into closed that will actually hold together?

Thanks

Check: SDP
Re: Large Closed Loop Timing Belt
April 15, 2017 02:58PM
LoboCNC
shortyski13

Thanks

Check: SDP

Thanks, they have the perfect length for what I need (or perfect enough haha), but they are pricey, mostly due to a $10 "minimum order charge" which is added to all orders under $30, making a $12 belt go up to $32 after shipping. What the heck is up with that!? I was excited at first. I'll still look for other options. I was also just noticing that it would be cheap if I can bind 2 ends of a leftover open belt I will have after cutting one for each the X and Y axes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2017 02:59PM by shortyski13.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login