Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELLP!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Sergio.Diventura 
HELLP!!!!!!!!!!!
April 12, 2017 06:49PM
Heyy Guys,

I need some help. Im Building my very first scratch built 3D printer and i have some questions about the heated bed. i want to use a piece of machined aluminum as my bed so i was planning to use a silicone heater.
but the thing is i dont know what voltage (don't want it to take forever to heat up) to get and what accessories i need to wire it up and or attach it, my bed size is 300x3000mm and i am going to run a ramps 1.4
also what kind if power supply wastage to you recommend i will be using 4 steppers for all the axis and extruder
Re: HELLP!!!!!!!!!!!
April 13, 2017 02:56AM
I recommend a power density of about 0.4W per sq cm, or perhaps a little higher if the bed plate is more than 5mm thick. Assuming you really meant 300x300mm this means you need 360W power. I suggest a 24V 15A heater and good electronics​ (not RAMPS) that is​ capable of driving it directly. A 24V 450W or 500W Meanwell or Chinese LED power supply can power the whole printer.

Your alternative is to use a 24V or AC mains voltage heater controlled by a SSR. See [duet3d.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: HELLP!!!!!!!!!!!
April 13, 2017 05:40AM
A 110V or 220V AC heater is really good but you need an SSR unit with that. Please rename your topic thread. This thread won't help anybody else than you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2017 05:40AM by Hatmpatn.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login