Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino Mega Fried (Not the regulator)

Posted by Bassemmichel 
Arduino Mega Fried (Not the regulator)
April 12, 2017 01:22PM
My 3d Printer was working just fine, I decided to add auto bed leveling using an inductive sensor. it was working fine. While auto leveling the bed, during the last leveling point the printer stopped working and the electronics gave some smoke. I found out that a component in the arduino got fried. can anyone help me with which component is that (in the picture), and possible causes so i can fix the problem before trying another arduino?
Thank you so much
Attachments:
open | download - Fried Arduino.jpg (554.2 KB)
VDX
Re: Arduino Mega Fried (Not the regulator)
April 12, 2017 02:44PM
... the burned part is the 3,3V-regulator ... maybe a short somewhere confused smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 12, 2017 03:03PM
I am thinking maybe there is an error in the voltage devider circuit i made to connect the 12v probe inductive sensor. so it gave a 12v to the arduino.
is this a possible senario? shouldn't be the 5v regulator that gets fried?
confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley
VDX
April 12, 2017 06:46PM
... if your Arduino has 3,3V signal level, then, if you set 12V to an IO-pin, you will fry the 3,3V circuitry sad smiley ... and there could be much more damaged inside the other Chips too eye popping smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 12, 2017 07:11PM
Thank you alot smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login