Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mounting titan Aero - photos?

Posted by DjDemonD 
Mounting titan Aero - photos?
April 11, 2017 06:09AM
Hi all,

I am doing some research into making a piezo hotend z-probe which will work with the titan aero, to compliment the groovemount drop-in module we are due to release for sale soon.

Any chance of a photo of how you have your aero mounted?

Many thanks for all the help.

Discounts will be offered as a thank you when we have something that will work with the aero.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Re: Mounting titan Aero - photos?
April 11, 2017 11:50AM
I believe the Aero is mounted in the same manor as the Titan would be mounted on that 3d printed bracket between the motor and the extruder itself.
April 11, 2017 04:47PM
From the exploded diagram of the aero, looks like you will need to be creative in where the piezo mounts. I was going to get the upgrade, but couldn't see how to fit in a piezo.
April 11, 2017 06:23PM
I'm thinking a carriage adaptor almost like a hinged mount but not actually hinged, with a piezo sandwiched inside it, or bonded to it like a load cell.

The idea behind asking for images is to try to visualise a solution that would work for all different mounting options.

Here a thought.. how about fitting it into the mount so it's between the extruder and the motor, there must be a small amount of force in this direction when the nozzle touches the bed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2017 06:25PM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login