Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rich Catell Marlin Auto - Calibration HELP spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by Tramont 
Rich Catell Marlin Auto - Calibration HELP spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 25, 2017 10:47PM
Im in the mist of using rich catell latest firmware (2015) on my delta printer and honestly I love the firmware but when i send the G30 A command it does the first process but as soon as It starts the first iteration the axis homes then ends up crashing the y axis because for some reason it tries to move outside of the print area. Everything is specified such as x min and max, I even tried tinkering with the z probe offset with no prevail. Could someone shed some light? I feel like the marlin cpp file may have something to do with it im not completely sure. All of my endstops work properly bed radius set at 170mm. Z probe offset set at (10,0,-3.5) but honestly I couldn't find a clear description on setting the z probe height because I have one of those probe with a mechanical swtich and a arm thats attached to extruder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2017 10:50PM by Tramont.
Re: Rich Catell Marlin Auto - Calibration HELP spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 27, 2017 05:49AM
Rich Catell's firmware branches haven't been updated in nearly 3 years. It was never known whether the auto-leveling even worked properly. Perhaps you are looking for the version from the Marlin dev team.

Marlin Firmware Github
Re: Rich Catell Marlin Auto - Calibration HELP spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 27, 2017 09:00AM
No I'd say keep using Rich Cattel's unless you plan to go over to Duet and RRF.

I have RC's development branch on one of my deltas. I can categorically say that using the master branch autolevelling for deltas works and furthermore its grid levelling which we are only seeing implemented now on Marlin, Reprap Firmware and Smoothie. So massive props to Rich for managing to make it work 3 years ago.

Marlin RCbugFix as it stands now for deltas is not great, the number of parameters you can adjust is far too few, so unless you have a mechanically perfect delta you can't even calibrate it to a high level of accuracy.

I'd use RC's but consider calibrating it manually using Escher3D calculator, which will generate the full range of parameters needed to calibrate the machine. You can use the autocalibration its just not as efficient.

Tramont - is your delta's bed 340mm diameter? Or is the diameter 170mm and the radius 85mm?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2017 09:02AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login