Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with slow printing towards the end

Posted by spe 
spe
Problem with slow printing towards the end
March 25, 2017 04:44AM
Hello,

I am from Germany. Sorry for my english.

I have the probem that the printing is good, but at the end while the printer prints slowly a little part breaks.
Here are some photos, slicer is Simplify3D:

Re: Problem with slow printing towards the end
March 25, 2017 03:01PM
There are several ways to prevent that from happening, in S3D you can define different processes for different parts of your print so you can change extrusion width and multiplier so little features have better support, you can use a sacrificial piece next to those little features so it have more time to cool down before the next layer it's applied, you can use Z lift so the nozzle doesn't knock them as it moves to another location, you can slow even further the speed to increase cooling time, for PLA is better if you use a cooling fan for the part (don't know if you use one now) for ABS it's better to have a heated chamber, sometimes adjusting extrusion temperatures helps with small parts so extruded filament isn't too swollen.

Unfortunately like you see there isn't a magical setting that will fix your problem, but instead there are several approaches that can do it, you will have to do a trial and error approach in order to succeed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login