Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Totally lost control of RUMBA drivers....due to a Stepper??

Posted by bolsoncerrado 
Totally lost control of RUMBA drivers....due to a Stepper??
March 12, 2017 05:28PM
Let's see if i can explain myself correctly enough:

I have a printer with a RUMBA board and MARLIN 1.1RC7C in it that was working fine, until the other day that it was starting to perform weird heating issues. By rebooting octoprint and resetting the printer, even letting it cool down for a while, I managed to heat both extruder and bed fine. Then I tried to extrude filament but the motor didnt respond.

Next step was taking a multimeter and finding out power delivered to both hotend and heatbed was on the 11V range so I raised the powersource controller a bit, now getting close to 13v. Hotend and heatbed run just fine so far.

HOWEVER, returning to the motor in the extruder, I still find it does not move. The rest of motors, XYZ run just fine, so I think, let's swap E to the Y connector on the RUMBA and let's see if it's just a wiring issue. Motor on extruder would fail too...

I check continuity on all the extruder motor wires and continuity is OK.

BUT NOW Y WONT WORK!

Thinking its just a temporary "saturation" moment, I try with either X and Z with the extruder wires....

Result now is NONE of the XYZE motors work now!! I get "echo:busy: processing" when trying to move any of those repeatedly...

So question is: can a MOTOR, whose wires were reporting continuity, FRY the DRVs on the motherboard without heat, noise, spark nor smoke!?

OR

what else am I missing here?!?!?!

I don't want to swap the board and find out the motor on the extruder is a MB burner!

Thanks for any help!!!
Re: Totally lost control of RUMBA drivers....due to a Stepper??
March 13, 2017 10:28AM
ANy1 else? :'(
VDX
March 13, 2017 11:06AM
... did you eventually swap the motors with power ON? - if yes, all the involved drivers are dead sad smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 13, 2017 11:16AM
Well it seems drivers are back "alive"?!?!

For whatever reason either the motherboard was "overloaded" with whatever currents involved or octoprint was nuts (even if i rebooted several times).

Im now running PID autotuning to see if I recover the extruder capabilities....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login