Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Speed problems

Posted by ss002d6252 
Speed problems
January 09, 2017 04:20PM
I have A8 running marlin on a ramps 1.4. Printing is done via Repetier Host. For some reason the speed of the printer when printing has suddenly bottomed out and is now extremely slow in comparison - I'm sure I've probably changed something by mistake but I'm not sure what !.

Any ideas what it could be ? I'm trying to post a link to a video to show what it's doing.

Craig

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2017 04:27PM by ss002d6252.
Re: Speed problems
January 09, 2017 04:31PM
Do you get poor print speeds even on simple shapes such as large cubes?

If yes, then the maximum speed and acceleration settings in the firmware may be limiting the speed at which you can print. Or your steps/mm may be too high for your electronics to handle (not normally a problem if your X and Y steps/mm are in the typical 80 to 100 range).

If it is only curves and other complex shapes that are slow to print, there are several possibilities:

- Jerk setting too low
- If you are printing over USB and using typical 8-bit electronics, the lack of hardware flow control limits the rate at which a PC can send data to the printer. Print from SD card instead.
- The electronics may be too slow to process the gcodes fast enough.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 09, 2017 04:31PM
Check print speed in the slicer.
Most people run from 30-60mm/sec anything lower than 30 is fairly low
January 09, 2017 04:44PM
Thanks Guys - It was working fine but I've been fiddling on getting the probe working so I've screwed something somewhere.

The Steps/mm were all spot on so it shouldn't be that but I'll double check.

I don't think it's the USB as I was printing fine and at good speed before I was working on it earlier today.

This is what it's doing - [ufile.io] - the same speed issue is occurring with any file I now print.

Craig
Attachments:
open | download - 1.JPG (63.5 KB)
open | download - 2.JPG (74.8 KB)
open | download - 3.JPG (52 KB)
January 09, 2017 04:59PM
Might be a better idea to post the video to Youtube rather than the 11MB download.
January 09, 2017 05:14PM
Try this - [youtu.be]

Craig
January 09, 2017 10:48PM
Check to see that you haven't set the speed multiplier on your LCD panel to be less than 100%. I've done that before eye rolling smiley
January 10, 2017 01:33PM
It was the maximum x-y jerk settings, sorted them and it#s working.

nebbian
Check to see that you haven't set the speed multiplier on your LCD panel to be less than 100%. I've done that before eye rolling smiley
Easy done although I don't have my LCD attached at the moment - just using my laptop for now.

Craig
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login