Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Closed loop brushed motor controller

Posted by ottoragam 
Closed loop brushed motor controller
December 21, 2016 12:57PM
Hi everyone,
I think you might find myTarcocco brushed servo controller useful [hackaday.io]
The project is completely open source, and it works with STEP/DIR signals. It is designed to deliver up to 1/2 hp (36 V 10 A) to a DC motor, and accepts any quadrature encoder. It uses a PSoC4 to decode the quadrature signal and run the control algorithm.

Re: Closed loop brushed motor controller
December 22, 2016 01:26AM
If i can't buy it, it's useless sad smiley
December 22, 2016 04:13AM
leprud
And if I can't make it I am not interested. If you only want thing that can be bought you should keep to Alibaba - many people on this forum are much more interested in things that they can make

Mike
December 26, 2016 04:41AM
It sounds interesting. This is a non-electronics person question but what makes it just for brushed motors?

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
December 26, 2016 05:22AM
DjDemonD
It sounds interesting. This is a non-electronics person question but what makes it just for brushed motors?

I guess it has a single phase output. For brushless DC you'd need 3 phases ( minimum ).
December 26, 2016 09:32AM
leadinglights
leprud
And if I can't make it I am not interested. If you only want thing that can be bought you should keep to Alibaba - many people on this forum are much more interested in things that they can make

Mike

It's open source so don't see why you can't make it....
December 26, 2016 11:30AM
Origamib
leadinglights
leprud

Mike

It's open source so don't see why you can't make it....
Of course I can, I was getting annoyed at the earlier poster saying that it was useless if he couldn't buy it

Mike
December 29, 2016 06:14PM
You get annoyed easily then.

It's just possible that some people don't have enough knowledge of surface mount electronics to be able to make such a unit. Why should they have to buy it from China?
January 02, 2017 03:04PM
So in summary:-
  • The original poster generously makes his design for a brushed controller available on open source.
  • The first responder ungratefully wrote that it is useless as he can't buy it. He did not say that he would like to know if it was available for purchase, simply that it was useless.
  • I responded to this as I felt his response was unhelpful and impolite.
  • A response to this was possibly from a bot as he/she/it latched onto the bit where I implied that I was more interested if I could make it than buy it
  • After a brief attempt to clarify that I was annoyed at the first responder's rudeness, the latest writer claims I am easily annoyed. This is not true, but perhaps I will make a new year resolution to get more easily annoyed.

I would finish with the observation that this forum is used by people who wish to make things: Learning how to solder surface mounted components is neither complicated nor difficult particularly with the huge bricks used in the design under discussion. I willingly admit that it may be that time constraints or other things needing your attention make it preferable for you to buy but this is hardly a reason to deny the oportunity to others.

Mike
January 12, 2017 08:13AM
FWIW, this is now buyable [www.crowdsupply.com]

OP: have you considered full-on, 3-axis closed loop motion control? I'm interested in working on this, but am having a hard time locating a good source for cheap encoder strips.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login