Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto level randomly initiating in the center.

Posted by northernlights 
Auto level randomly initiating in the center.
November 26, 2016 05:04PM
Hi, I’m hoping someone out there might be able to help me, or point me in the right direction if I’ve missed this topic in my searches.

I’ve had my Prusa I3 printer for two years now, and have been printing fine with only a few glitches. I’m running Pronterface with sli3r.
When starting a print, G28 homes axes X Y Z, Then, G29 auto level. The printer moves to the center of the print bed beginning the auto
level process. After probing the center, it should then move to probe all 4 corners as well. Instead, after probing the center, the X axis jumps
about 10 mm to the left and starts probing there, as if that point is the first corner to be probed then tries to probe the other three corners, obviously resulting in a crash.

This problem HAS been random until just a few days ago when it started doing this with every print. Usually the “fix” is simple, just restart the printer and software.
My usual “fix” is no longer working. I noticed that a connecting pin on the X axis end stop was loose so I replaced that. Started the printer and it ran fine for a couple of days.
But, last night it started leveling from the center again, and with every print.
I have not changed any setting since late 2015. Accept this morning I re-flashed the Arduino (to no avail) and tried to find the latest version of printrun, turns out that my version is current.

Thank you in advance

Brian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login