Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some help or direction on the display module?

Posted by imwhoim54 
Some help or direction on the display module?
November 23, 2016 10:51PM
Evening folkes...

I have a number of the displays used for the RAMPS 1.4 board lying around and I was thinking about using one in a robot build I am planning. They are the type that have the rotary switch on the front, the SD card reader on the back, the number 12864 silk screened on the front of the board below the display and a stop button next to the knob.

Does anyone have a pin out for the two cables that attach to the back or know of a place where I can get some help from others that have used these displays for other purposes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Don W.
Re: Some help or direction on the display module?
November 24, 2016 01:45PM
Schematics are on the wiki: [reprap.org]
November 25, 2016 02:53PM
Thanks James!

Will take a look. Been a long time since I've done this kinda of stuff. Hope I can see me way clear to use then!

Don W.
November 25, 2016 03:15PM
Yes, me too. I'm feeling the itch to get back into firmware development, but there are so many interesting things to choose between! The Raspberry Pi eco-system looks very appealing with lots of very cost effective display options and a lot of compute power available.
November 25, 2016 03:34PM
I love the capabilities of the Raspberry PI as well. Like I said, building a robot here (I HAD to narrow down my options... WAY to scattered) but the only real problem is it's limited types of Inputs.. just won't work for my application... SO... I am using the Raspberry Pi as the main "brain" with Arduinos to handle the various inputs, inputs, process them, and send them to the Pi for over all processing. Right now, I have palns to use the PI, an Arduino for locomotion, an Arduino for sensory input and one for Image capture and processing (might have to change that to a Pi) all communicating through I2C to limit the number of wires going from one processor to another.

Ambitious project, but the way I see it... "Go big or go home!" LOL
November 25, 2016 03:48PM
Sounds like a great project. Divide and conquer sounds like a good approach.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login