Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

About DIY printer getting two times AUTOHOMING and also filament is too excessly extruding

Posted by ManiPi 
Hi All!!

I am trying to solve a problem.

When I am selecting AUTOHOME option in LCD and then given a PRINT option, After that nozzle is reaching reference temperature i,e 205 Degree and again its getting AUTOHOMING and then starts to print.

I am not getting. Please help... I wanted that manually I will select AUTOHOME from LCD and then it has to start PRINT after reaching desired temperature.

and also during AUTOHOME position at (0,0) Nozzle is extruding too much.. Is there any thing I have to change is Marlin.....???

Please reply.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2016 02:05AM by ManiPi.
Have you checked your Gcode?

Sounds to me like you have AutoHome set in your default Gcode.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2016 02:16AM by Rlewisrlou666.

Out of the box thinking is easier when you never fitted in the box to begin with. smiling smiley
Ya thank you for fast reply. I using CURA software. I think only one time AUTOHOME cordinates are there. I dont know how its getting two times AUTOHOME. I wanted that manually I am selecting AUTOHOME from LCD and then after reaching specific temperature, it should directly at center of platform and then start to print.
I'm not sure if you can remove the AutoHome code without causing issues.

Comment it out and give it a try.

Out of the box thinking is easier when you never fitted in the box to begin with. smiling smiley
When you select AutoHome from the LCD it will run the AutoHome command but if it is already in your default Gcode to AutoHome at the start of a print it will always run twice.

Once manually and once Automatically at the start of the print.

As for the filament extruding to much you should be able to change your flow settings.

Printed some models, coming fine. But only at HOMING position (Before Printing) Nozzle is extruding a lot. Actually It must extrude at 205 Degrees that too little and then move to printer flatform. From 200 degree slowly its getting extrude and so upto 205 degree it would be much excess filament. What shall I do now? Is there any thing I could change in FIRMWARE.....??
Drop the temp and slow down your print settings.

What Filament are you using?

Hi there!!!

I am using PLA, Thanks for asking that.

I am using CURA which has AUTOHOME gcode in software. But the point is I have already taken some prints before 10 days. But I didn't get DOUBLE HOMING and also excess extruded nozzle.

Please tell where I can make modification regarding DOUBLE AUTOHOME and also Excess Nozzle.... Please tell in both SOFTWARE and also in FIRMWARE Marlin..

Thanks in Advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2016 05:28AM by ManiPi.
Check out this it might help you more than I can. smiling smiley

[reprap.org]

ya ok thanks. But I have same gcodes. I used earlier same software CURA for printing and got good models but now uninstalled and reinstalled but getting same problem. I got to know that its in firmware its problem.There might be option for AUTOHOME. I am not getting. Using Marlin. Please help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2016 07:02AM by ManiPi.
Is there something I can do in "Marlin_main.cpp"....???
Hi ManiPi.
Can you tell us how you are creating and sending commands.
1. Cura => Host software =>Printer
2. Cura => Host software => SDcard => Printer
3. Cura => SDcard => Printer

I believe you can set the AUTOHOME in Gcode in Cura and in host (start code) and is run using LCD option on the printer.
So 1 and 2 above can have it twice in Gcode.

Extruding to much? Others should comment but 205 may be high for PLA on your machine (185C??).
Ok thanks for options. I am generating gcode from CURA and storing in SD CARD. then giving AUTOHOME from LCD. Upto 205 degrees for model cube PLA. So here is whole process....

1. Generate Gcode from CURA put in SD Card
2. LCD options AUTOHOME
3. Print PLA cube model 205 degrees LCD.
4. At nearly 200 to 205 degrees exceess EXTRUDE at HOMING
5. After reaching 205 degrees again its AUTHOMING..
6. Nozzle move to center of platform..

Double AUTOHOMING is OK for me. I am worried about excess filament nozzle at HOMING position..

Please tell me where can I change..
Lower your temps. smiling smiley

Hi all !!!

I have attached a file to under stand clearly. Excess extrusion at HOMING and Bottom layer of Model is thicker. Please advice what shall I do now?
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20161020_091426.jpg (599.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login