Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Blog winking smiley

Posted by applepear 
My Blog winking smiley
September 21, 2016 11:04AM
Hello,

I don't know if this is the right category to post this, if not please correct me. I did not find a subcategory like offtopic or so.

So, lets get to the topic:

I have a >>blog<< that I wanted to introduce to you. I'm doing 3d printing stuff (obviously smiling smiley)
I'm 17 years old, german, doing my a levels this year and work only in my spare time on my printer.
The project I set for myself years ago was to build a 3d printer. A first design emerged(out of wood) and got build. My skills improved and I started to work on an new design.
I based my design on the corexy motion system, designed all the parts and everything else myself (except electronics, nozzle and firmware), printed them and got to a printer which was running quite fast and accurate.
This is my current state now.

If you are interested in this or have some time to waist, take a look! smiling smiley
I would really appreciate your feedback

I made this a while ago and posted just very unregulary, so don't expect weekly updates or so grinning smiley There will be something new every month or so maybe it takes longer, I don't know. But eventually there will be new posts.

Cheers,
JHL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2016 11:45AM by applepear.
Re: My Blog winking smiley
September 21, 2016 11:09AM
Is there a link to your blog?
September 21, 2016 11:46AM
@Shank man
Yeah I intended to put it right in the text....but I was tired and forgot it... :b

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2016 11:48AM by applepear.
September 21, 2016 04:48PM
Looks cool. Liking the woodwork skills. I am sure it will be very quiet and warm inside.

Do you have any concern about your electronics or printed parts inside the chamber? Any method of regulating the chamber temperature (I suspect it might be too hot rather than too cold).

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
September 22, 2016 12:00PM
@DjDemonD

Yes it is quiet and warm inside. But not that quiet, that I intended it to be...
And during a 7h print, this thing heats up to around 28-30C° not that much. Fans are installed on the bottom right(inlet) and on the top left(outlet).
I considered taking the electronics out, but since they don't need that extensive cooling and I never had an issue, I'm keeping them inside for now. Otherwise I would have to rewire everything.....quite time consuming and not much fun
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login