3D print robi ABB 2400/10 extruder sofware

Posted by Pavel1977 
3D print robi ABB 2400/10 extruder sofware
September 20, 2016 08:03AM
Hi,
i would do like to work on this Idea. [www.youtube.com]
I have Robot ABB 2400/10

My questions is:
1) Is this extruder good? [gUAAOSwBLlVf~O0" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.ebay.de]

2) I find program RoboDK. Does anyone have experience with this program?

3) How do I resolve interconnection robot x extruder?

Thanks you

PAvel
Re: 3D print robi ABB 2400/10 extruder sofware
September 20, 2016 08:41AM
I have no direct experience with that extruder, but I have used others like it.

I see two potential problems with it. First, there's no heat sink for the hot-end. That's OK if you're going to print ABS, but not so good if you're going to print with PLA. ABS requires a warm enclosure (45-50C) to print anything but very small parts or single-walled vases. Since your robot arm is pretty big, you're unlikely to be enclosing it and warming that enclosure, so you're most likely to print with PLA which isn't nearly as finicky as ABS. The problem with PLA is that it can and does cause extruder jamming if the print uses a lot of retraction and the hot-end isn't well designed (including distinct hot and cold zones as created by a cooling fan and heatsink).

Second, it drives the filament directly with the motor. A few years ago I spent about a year struggling with extruder jamming problems. I was using a couple extruders similar to the one you linked. At that time, I found that people using 3mm filament experienced many fewer jams than people running 1.75mm filament. The main difference between the two different sized extruders at the time was that 3mm extruders used a gear mechanism to multiply the torque from the motor which provides a stronger push through the nozzle and 1.75 mm extruders pushed the filament directly with the motor. I looked for 1.75mm extruders that used geared motors and settled on the BullDog XL. I have had it on my printer for 2+ years now and, with daily printing, have had exactly one filament jam in that time.

The BullDog XL is pretty expensive, but there are cheaper geared extruders out there. I suggest you look for one of those or you'll be spending a lot of time debugging extruder problems when you'd rather be debugging robot arm code. Look for a hot-end that has a heatsink and fan, too. E3D v6 that I use is very good, but may be out of your budget and is a little delicate. The E3D Lite6 is also good, more rugged (better able to withstand robot arm programming errors that slam it into the table) and lower cost.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login