Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Prusa i3 won't print

Posted by mizar5 
RepRap Prusa i3 won't print
September 17, 2016 10:00PM
Made it to the 'extrude 50mm' step. Did get it to extrude filament

So I went and found a simple stl to print. No luck. What happens:

I run repetier, connect, start the fan, bed heater and extruder.

Load a file. One was 'LaserPointerAdapter' (for a telescope viewfinder)

I look at the temps in the manual control screen, see they are at the right values.

go back to the object placement tab, the object is there.

on the print preview tab, it shows 0 for estimated print time, and does not show the object.

send print head to 'home' on all 3 axis

click on 'start print'. 'print job finished' displays in upper right

click on start print drop-down arrow and select 'cached print'. print head goes to 100, 0, 0 and then stops

in the meantime the extruder and bed temperatures start dropping.

I also notice that when I select the object placement tab and then click the start print button, the tab goes to the manual control tab and shows no object. and does not print. It quietly mocks me and all of my ancestors.

meh

Thanks.

Re: RepRap Prusa i3 won't print
September 18, 2016 09:27AM
I missed the bit where you sliced the stl to produce g-code. That's the point where the print time estimates get generated and you should have a preview showing the tool path.
September 18, 2016 12:41PM
from what ive seen, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the printer. The slicer simply failed to send it gcode. Thinking it completed the print, the printer turned off the heaters. Its been a while since i've used repetier but i remember there being a wierd step where it used a slic3r plugin to generate its gcode, and didnt do it when you imported the stl, but rather had a few extra steps. Try using Slic3r? I dont think it does prints over usb, but SD is more fool proof anyway.

If you need some help, or don't understand what I just said, feel free to send me a PM anytime

Printer: Prusa i3, 2 E3D v6 Hotends, Arduino + RAMPS 1.4 with a Bypassed 5V Regulator, 400w Insignia ATX PSU, Custom Designed Bowden Extruders
September 18, 2016 03:57PM
i agree forgot the step where you slice and generate the needed g code
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login