Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Excelvan filament UK group buy idea...

Posted by DjDemonD 
Re: Excelvan filament UK group buy idea...
October 03, 2016 04:13PM
I have no idea if this type is available it is not one of the filaments we are considering stocking. But if you want a large quantity we can see about getting it for you.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
October 03, 2016 04:50PM
Since I am a beginner I rather try this and that.
What are the planned "large" quantities?
In the first posting you talk about 2 rolls?

Is delivery to Austria an option?
If that delivery is too expensive then it won't work.
DHL says Size S (120x60x60cm, <20kg) costs 13.99EUR from Austria to GB, which is quite a lot.
:-(
And DHL is a bad delivery service, had multiple failures with them.
October 03, 2016 04:55PM
Yes if you wanted 30 rolls then delivery might be doable.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
October 03, 2016 05:17PM
Whoaa 30 rolls would be a bit too much.

eye popping smiley
October 03, 2016 05:28PM
Thing is we are looking at placing an order approx £1000-£2000 worth of this filament from China. We have to pay customs and VAT. We can collect it from the docks so little/no cost there. But we then need to send it on to whoever wants it. This is the problem area, its expensive to send, its heavy. For a UK mainland customer we can probably supply at around £9-£11 a roll delivered.

It might be feasible to send a large order by post and it still be cheap enough to be worthwhile, but sending 2 rolls to Vienna would cost too much to be worth it, you might as well buy it on ebay. Its all down to the local postage.

Simon Khoury

October 04, 2016 11:15AM
This is why it is UK only MEgg thumbs up However we can get any type of filament they do including the new colour change filaments.

NO ONE has yet been able to take on my challenge and find me a roll of Silver ABS 1.75mm Excelvan come on guys and girls have a go at finding some and it will soon become apparent why we want to do this. OR find me some equivalent for the same price in a different brand.
October 04, 2016 04:14PM
I saw a video the other day with some guy testing aluminium PLA filament...it looked more silver than the excelevan stuff, must be something like that you could try from other vendor? Though not much use if you need to match parts already printed.
What about AliXpress? no luck there?
October 04, 2016 05:42PM
Loads of 3.00mm silver at silly low price on ebay .. Never tried 3.00mm, what is bad about It?
Might have to get some 3.00mm throats/nozzles and try it.
October 04, 2016 06:12PM
Started off on 3mm. Its stiff, which sounds good but it doesn't come off the spool well. I found with my old, now deceased i3, at the extreme x and y coordinates the filament flow was poor as the filament was too stiff and friction with the idler arm on my Wade's extruder was a problem.The last few meters come off the spool very badly, might as well throw them away, worse with PLA obviously. You need a beefier (and heavier if thinking delta/corexy) extruder to feed it, which will do slower retracts as it has a larger motor.

I switched to 1.75mm and saw an immediate improvement in all these areas, switching to 3mm might disappoint but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts approaching it from the other direction.

I think the "big warehouse" has ordered the wrong proportions of 3mm to 1.75mm and now wants to offload the surplus 3mm. Great if you want to use it. We figured from this forum and some surveys of filament preferences that its around 75% 1.75mm to 25% 3mm. In flexibles definitely the other way around.

Simon Khoury

October 06, 2016 06:35PM
audiobull
This is why it is UK only MEgg thumbs up However we can get any type of filament they do including the new colour change filaments.

NO ONE has yet been able to take on my challenge and find me a roll of Silver ABS 1.75mm Excelvan come on guys and girls have a go at finding some and it will soon become apparent why we want to do this. OR find me some equivalent for the same price in a different brand.

Ok, so no Excelvan for me.
October 06, 2016 06:42PM
Well not via us, unless someone can get it to you affordably.

Simon Khoury

October 07, 2016 07:03AM
glad its not I, picking 'em up from the port

October 07, 2016 07:10AM
shipping across the EU, is it possible 'we ask the wholesalers to redirect parts of the shipping assignment, isn't this what half of Ebay does now?
October 07, 2016 10:37AM
Hey I got a car like that. Ill get a piccy when I pick it all up. eye popping smiley

The idea is we do not be like the ebay companies. MEgg only wanted a few kg. If it was 20-30kg then it is worth looking into, I am not sure if the shipment will come direct to port via hong kong/china etc or if it will stop off.
October 07, 2016 02:09PM
I'm in Bristol too so can collect if that makes it easier ... Put me down for three kg of white ABS and a kg of black PLA then smiling smiley

Cheers,
Robin.
October 07, 2016 02:46PM
Yes, I'll definitely pre-order. I'm using Excelvan 1.75mm ABS and it seems fine to me.

Dave

PS Interparcel are really useful for cheap carriage, including international.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2016 02:53PM by gbr1918.
October 07, 2016 02:54PM
I've pm'd you both. Thanks for getting on board.

Simon Khoury

October 10, 2016 04:56AM
Okay so it looks like this is not going to be successful, after some deliberation, Audiobull and I have decided that we will not be able to provide filament to others in small quantities without it being more expensive and as such its not a viable prospect.

So thank you to those who offered support and pre-orders, but there will be no delivery. No money has been taken from anyone so nothing lost either.

Simon Khoury

October 10, 2016 05:05AM

October 10, 2016 06:09AM
Yes thank you to all those who made the effort in trying to make this work especially DjDemonD and we sorry to let those involved down.

If you dont ask, you dont get. It was worth the try smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2016 06:10AM by audiobull.
imk
January 10, 2017 05:09PM
Is this thread still alive as I would certainly be interested in buying in.
How do we start has someone got email of excelvan sale and got budget cost for 100 rolls as figure do this not only for the 3D home market but this consortium could sell on to the 3D print shops to boots number.
January 10, 2017 05:38PM
If you want to set something up I'll buy in. PM Audiobull he's got the contact details for excelvan.

Simon Khoury

January 11, 2017 04:18PM
Likewise, seems crazy that there is no 1.75mm stock.

If it needs investors to get it going, would be interested to see potential returns - given savings accounts are next to nothing, may be a means to make the risk worth it.
January 11, 2017 04:51PM
I've written to excelvan support to see whats goin on, if they aren't into filament anymore the name of manufacturer would be good.
Something has to be done.
January 11, 2017 05:32PM
MechaBits
I've written to excelvan support to see whats goin on, if they aren't into filament anymore the name of manufacturer would be good.
Something has to be done.

Nice one..
January 12, 2017 02:03AM
Thanks MechaBits it would be nice to know whats going on.

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
January 12, 2017 02:20AM
I could see no mention of filament on the excelvan site, (great cheap 4k cam) so somethings up, I can't believe some of the other brands wouldn't be the same stuff different name, whats that prima value like anyone know?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2017 02:21AM by MechaBits.
January 24, 2017 04:37PM
January 24, 2017 05:03PM
Nope ;( I have a feeling that it's Dead, or it's been disconbobulated...Ignorant though to not respond...maybe I should send again, maybe we all should?
Everyone has to stop buying any filament for 12months, take up fishing, then prices may come down..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2017 05:07PM by MechaBits.
January 24, 2017 05:10PM
Shame about the Excelvan it was good while it lasted. I recently ordered some GoInk ABS and 3DFilaprint premium ABS, haven't got them yet. To answer your earlier question. I haven't tried Prima Value but I have used 3dPrima PETG and its good stuff, and they are quite professional and easy to deal with.

Simon Khoury

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login