Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

eBay UK good / bad Filament sellers

Posted by audiobull 
eBay UK good / bad Filament sellers
September 09, 2016 03:07AM
I thought I would start a list for everyone to add their experience. It would seem many sellers on ebay are all run out of one warehouse which if it is out of stock so is all of them or almost all of them. They sell items which show as in stock but once you buy they message to say to wait a few days as item is not in stock even though it still shows in stock on eBay.

This is only for UK as I only have UK experience. It would be good if those in US and other countries start their own to help others.
If possible I will add all others comments to the first post for easier viewing.

Current sellers and comments

onlines2offlines - Still waiting 2 weeks from order. Weather and holidays has apparently delayed shipments of 2x excelvan white abs filaments! Still shows as in stock!
doogeegrow - 1st order went through perfectly but 2nd order for 2x excelvan silver pla was cancel after 2 days and I was emailed after to explain warehouse was out of stock. Changed to out of stock on ebay.
adoreroniomanie - placed an order for 2x excelvan silver pla. 4 days later was messaged to say out of stock. I said to change to ABS, week later received them. Still showed in stock.
wondersite - only ordered sample pack of abs colours but received without problems.
Re: eBay UK good / bad Filament sellers
September 09, 2016 04:07AM
Yup good idea, the excuses are lame, the refunds...do you check to see if refund is given, i'm sure they refund then charge it out again when your not looking, will have to confirm that just cant be bothered to login to paypal, also I ordered 2 rolls, one arrived other didnt but they say it was sent & signed for...the package was one roll...one tracking code for both items. Lets hope things improve at least with listings showing out of stock if they have no stock...its great when you get a roll within 2 days though.
September 09, 2016 05:57AM
We were talking about this on another thread and I said I was quite happy with Doogeegrow on ebay selling Excelvan, what they say is in stock usually is and the filament arrives quickly, its decent for its very low price tag.

But... someone else said they had been messed about by them and got an automatic refund as filament wasn't in stock despite showing as in stock when ordered.

Unless you order a lot (100's of rolls) of filament there is a risk that we have insufficient data to make conclusions. Eg. globalshoppingnow said they had transparent pla but then emailed to say its out of stock did I mind waiting, I said okay, then 10 days later nothing arrived, I asked for a refund, they gave me one. But I've only placed one order with them, who's to say the next 20 orders won't be handled perfectly.

Perhaps what UK reprappers need to do is play these lot at their own game. Lets organise a group buy, get a container of excelvan filament over in the colours we use, distribute it amongst ourselves, and sell on (accurately and honestly) the rest.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
September 09, 2016 06:07AM
DjDemonD
Perhaps what UK reprappers need to do is play these lot at their own game. Lets organise a group buy, get a container of excelvan filament over in the colours we use, distribute it amongst ourselves, and sell on (accurately and honestly) the rest.

Now that I am up for ;-)

I had looked but could not find any info on who distributes Excelvan products or how to contact the manufacturer.
September 09, 2016 06:45AM
Yeah I was looking into this, maybe we could do it as a kickstarter, everyone pledges for x rolls of filament, the funding is then organised, we make the order and when it arrives everyone gets their rewards.

Excelvan themselves will not refuse an order for y x 1000 rolls of filament will they?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2016 06:46AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
September 09, 2016 07:25AM
No I guess they wouldn't. Its not [www.excelvan.com] so I have no idea who to contact.

I would certainly take 5x of a certain colour and say 5 different colours and if its a good price even more and can also help with arrangements and postage but do not think I could manage it on my own. I have no idea how kickstarter works.
April 13, 2017 05:41PM
Hi Guys, regged for the purpose of informing people of Doogeegrow.Inc <- I would not buy from this group.

Ordered and received a battery, battery failed, seller claimed 2 year warranty, had me test voltages and return battery (took me a while to return but was covered apparently for 2 year warranty), seller has gone silent, not sent new battery or refunded (claimes to not sell item any more but do, changes item under orig listing), not replying to any communications, payal and ebay no use as after 6 months, this is in Au so next step is accc but my guess is they'll be of no assistance.... chinese scammers like this should be known about - be cautious with what you order from this mob, don't buy batteries, especialy expensive ones , I learnt the hard way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login