Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Troubles with 3D printer Driver and Repetier host in mac

Posted by MindBlow 
Troubles with 3D printer Driver and Repetier host in mac
August 16, 2016 07:11AM
I Have a 3D printer , ColiDo m2020 and im trying to set it up on mac but can't get it to work i've been working on a solution for days now but nothing seems to work .
i downloaded Repetier Host for mac and FTDI USB Driver v2.3 since i have mac version 10.9 and above 
but when i slice the 3D model and try to connect an error shows :
  13:59:26: Attempting to connect to printer
  13:59:26: Couldn't open port for device None

im connecting via USB serial cable .

Sd card seem to work fine ! but yea now im pulling my hair off can't get it to work.

i have Repitier -Host Mac 1.0.1 
something else i tried is copying slicer to application support directory
Thanks in Advance !
Please Help! 
Cheers!
Re: Troubles with 3D printer Driver and Repetier host in mac
August 16, 2016 07:31AM
If you press Connect in Repetier host, does it connect? Is the serial port showing up when you go into the printer settings?

I doubt you need the ftdi driver tbh.
August 18, 2016 02:28AM
When i press Connect in repetier host it says couldn't connect to open port none
and in printer settings i can't find the port , i just find none and virtual printer , bluetooth connection
And I installed the right ftdi driver , sad smiley
August 18, 2016 05:49AM
Should I install Adruino ? and set it up for FTDI driver installation
August 18, 2016 08:34PM
If you don't see the port when you go into printer settings then it could be a few things. First easy suspect is the USB cable. Next, are you going through a hub? If so try direct connection. It's also possible that there is a problem with the printer board. Do you know what type of board it is? And was it already setup with firmware? In other words did you build the printer and not upload the firmware to the printer or is this a printer your bought pre assembled?
August 18, 2016 09:33PM
I'd try installing Arduino, and seeing if that installs the right driver for the board.

With the board plugged in, if you choose "Apple menu -> About this mac -> System Report -> USB", what device appears to be plugged in? You might need to unplug the printer, press refresh(control-r), then plug the printer in again and press refresh to see what changes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2016 09:36PM by nebbian.
August 20, 2016 02:28AM
Thanks for Replying no im not connecting through a hub it's directly connected, no i don't know the type of the board and im not sure if it's already setup with firmware , though printing on sd card and windows works just fine.
And i got the printer pre assembled.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login