Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help needed with tplink nano and duet

Posted by forest 
help needed with tplink nano and duet
August 12, 2016 04:41PM
hi guys i really need some help , story is i had a working nano WRwhich seems to of broken, so i ordered a new one the WR802N v2 and i cant get it to let me connect to my duet
now i remember i struggled to set up the first one and im doing the same again, i cant figure out how to set the nano to the same ip range as my home network do i need to? i think so

in the think3dprint blog it says this

Setting up consisted of connecting via ethernet to the router, setting the IP range to match my wireless network and connecting it to my WLAN in client mode

the red is what i cant figure out how to do and do i leave it on smartip? which disables the on board dhcp? new nano uses a range that is here 192.168.0.xxx and my home network uses 192.168.1.xxx , it seems to be working ok in client mode, apart from it wont let me connect to 192.168.1.14 (my duet) any help would be great ive wasted most of today trying to figure this out

thanks
Re: help needed with tplink nano and duet
August 12, 2016 04:51PM
When I was using a TPlink to connect a Duet, I think I had to set the Duet to use DHCP to get it working.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 13, 2016 04:48AM
the duet was working fine on old nano and it works if i plug a lan cable in to a laptop, its in the settings of the nano, im thinking, i had the same trouble first time around but i cant for the life of me remember what it was
August 15, 2016 11:24AM
ok ive got a little further along and the nano wr702 was ok it seems as ive got it working on my tv (funnily the new wr802 nano i bought as a replacement isnt working) so it points to the duet
which does connect to only one of my laptops which is the newer one a 4 or 5y old dell with win 10 .
the duet has both green and orange lights on when connected to the nano and from what ive read the orange light it for a different t 10 lan adaptor. ? and shouldnt be on? the green is on and flashes indicating data movement?

ive been on this all weekend and not got anywhere.

any help very gratefully received
August 15, 2016 02:31PM
There is a separate forum for the Duet, see [forums.reprap.org]. If you post there, someone else may be able to help. I used to run a Duet 0.8.5 connected via a tplink WR710N, but I've since upgraded the printer to a Duet WiFi, so unfortunately I no longer have a configuration comparable to yours.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login