Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X Y Z axis only move one direction?

Posted by evetanlm 
X Y Z axis only move one direction?
July 20, 2016 08:12AM
Does anyone know why the X Y Z axis only move one direction? today after connect the wire and found out the axis only move one direction. Appreciate anyone can help. believe is the program setting. as use other brand stepper still the same!
Re: X Y Z axis only move one direction?
July 20, 2016 10:52AM
The axis will only move one direction unless it's sucessfuly homed first, that is it moves towards the correctly wired and configured endstop and triggers it, this sets the axis 0 or max coordinate depending on whether your endstops are at the min or max end of the axis.

To home properly the stepper direction has to be correct (can change in firmware or reverse the plug from the motor) it's correct if it moves towards the endstop when you use your host (pronterface or similar) and ask to home that axis, and the firmware must know which end your endstops are located and how big your print volume.

What firmware are you using, what printer do you have, what controller board are you using?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2016 10:58AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
July 20, 2016 08:13PM
As I'm trying to diy my own printer , as using all part from my old prusa and it's kind of stuck on this last part, the printer while moving will create some loud noise and when it stop there is no noise, the stepper driver no heat so it's not tuning problem, it can move but in a very slow step which not suppose to be. I'm using nema 17 stepper and mks motherboard.
July 21, 2016 05:52AM
There are lots of possibilities. The stepper driver's what vref have you currently got them set to? What model motors are you using?
What firmware are you using?

I think you should post a photo of your setup, a photo of the controller board and how it is wired, and a copy of your firmware configuration.h or equivalent file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2016 05:54AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login