Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issue with z axis home position

Posted by Tinkusharma 
Issue with z axis home position
July 19, 2016 08:30AM
Hello,
I am working on prusa mendal i2 and its z axis home position is not working properly, when try to give the z home value its start making noise and work by z axis switch moreover it only goes for 10 rotations only althought the pressing the z axis switch. So please advise me any suggestions about it.
Thanks
Re: Issue with z axis home position
July 19, 2016 10:53AM
Are you sure that your steps per mm are set correctly? Is the problem that it stops before hitting the z axis switch or that it doesnt stop when it does hit the switch?

If you need some help, or don't understand what I just said, feel free to send me a PM anytime

Printer: Prusa i3, 2 E3D v6 Hotends, Arduino + RAMPS 1.4 with a Bypassed 5V Regulator, 400w Insignia ATX PSU, Custom Designed Bowden Extruders
Re: Issue with z axis home position
July 19, 2016 06:30PM
he sent me a PM. the following is for everyone else to see:

From him:
"
Tinkusharma
I haven't done with steps per unit. But it stops when it hits the switch. The main problem is why it is only going with 10 rotation when push the z home.
Advise me about the same.
Thank you very much.
"

My response:
"
DaGameFace

if you have not configured your steps per mm then it may think that 10 rotations is the entire size of the z axis, and will stop itself without the switch being activated as a safety feature.

[reprap.org]

there is a good tutorial on how to configure this
"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login