Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Open Mesh Fixing

Posted by ramne 
Open Mesh Fixing
June 20, 2016 02:50AM
Hello,
For desultory use, I'm looking for an equivalent to modelrepair.azurewebsites.net, but open. It should be of immediate use like that. Does it exist outhere? (I know of Meshmixer, but it has a different approach)
Thanks
VDX
Re: Open Mesh Fixing
June 20, 2016 03:20AM
... Meshlab is open and can too be used for remeshing and repair ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
June 20, 2016 08:22AM
Sketchup is the only CAD program I know of that routinely produces STL files that require repair before they can be printed. Try using some other CAD...

Netfabb is commonly used to repair Sketchup STL files...

If you want web based, see: [extensions.sketchup.com]

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
June 20, 2016 11:07AM
VDX
... Meshlab is open and can too be used for remeshing and repair ...

Yes, thanks, I wrote wrongly "Meshmixer" but I intended "Meshlab", which I had in mind and that I already know...
June 20, 2016 11:43AM
the_digital_dentist
Sketchup is the only CAD program I know of that routinely produces STL files that require repair before they can be printed.

I have little experience in modelling for 3D printing, so it's likely I make some operations that should not be done. I use Blender and it happened recently that the time an object was not repaired, it gave a strange result once printed. Maybe booleans or other operations may affect...
I have my objects printed by my brother who has a Prusa i3, and because of this the print should turn out well without many attempts. I know that netfabb work fine at first shot, but Meshlab... I know that it has many options, it should be not so immediate.
Anyway, if there is no open alternative as immediate as netfabb - since makeprintable.com is not open, like netfabb - I'll give a try to Meshlab...
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2016 11:47AM by ramne.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login