Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa I4?

Posted by Dark Alchemist 
Prusa I4?
May 21, 2016 03:37AM
Is this for real?

[www.ebay.com] So, about 330 dollars delivered.

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
Re: Prusa I4?
May 21, 2016 07:11AM
To my knowledge its not josef prusa i4 theres no such thing, what happen is a company will take the initial design upgrade it put nice bit of plasic coverings over 20 x 20 extrusion same as the folgartech i3 20 x 20 which i dispute that is even a classed as a i3 as motors on top all standard cartersian simple frame work and cheap, the bed on the above seem to in the middle, they should drop the prusa bit call it i4 or somert i think its sunhokey is the makers the i4 is so they could of called it sunhokey i4 even there page says i3 but i4 in main picture title sunhokey

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2016 07:13AM by chris33.

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
May 21, 2016 07:57AM
Well, Josef was supposed to be working on an Industrial printer called an I4 but that never came out last year.

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
May 21, 2016 10:26AM
Superficially that looks really good, but some of the details are pretty odd. Why put the X axis motor on the carriage? That's completely unnecessary moving mass. And I can only see a single rail for the Y axis, and that's offset to about 75% of the way across the bed. Linear rails are good, but why torque them unnecessarily?
May 21, 2016 01:43PM
JamesK
Superficially that looks really good, but some of the details are pretty odd. Why put the X axis motor on the carriage? That's completely unnecessary moving mass. And I can only see a single rail for the Y axis, and that's offset to about 75% of the way across the bed. Linear rails are good, but why torque them unnecessarily?
Good eye as I never once thought of looking at the X motor as being there. WOW. As far as the Y axis single rail designs are perfectly fine when using extrusion and wheels.

_______
May 22, 2016 07:46AM
The X motor placement is a bit questionable, but otherwise it appears quite solid, and if you believe some of the reports on the web, works very well. With linear rails and acme screws, it is the sort of cheap design you would do if you had access to Shenzen supply chain rather than local hardware store.

At €250, it is almost tempting to buy one to replace my aging "workhorse" printer rather than spend time refurbishing it.

What is Open Source?
What is Open Source Hardware?
Open Source in a nutshell: the Four Freedoms
CC BY-NC is not an Open Source license
June 20, 2016 07:20PM
It would appear this was fraud as the listings are all closed and the people who purchased it had to invoke the protection plan and some allowed the protection plan to expire so lost their money.

_______
January 25, 2017 05:19AM
January 25, 2017 05:25AM
no such thing as a prusa i4 ask josef himself

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
January 25, 2017 09:28AM
At least they are admitting it is sunhokey. I'm surprised that Prusa hasn't made them stop using his name/brand on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2017 09:29AM by ElmoC.
January 25, 2017 11:20AM
ElmoC
At least they are admitting it is sunhokey. I'm surprised that Prusa hasn't made them stop using his name/brand on it.
They are a horrible company and should be put out of business but Josef doesn't care I think from what I gathered. Call it whatever you want because he never trademarked the name.

Still 3dprintersonline is a very bad company to do business with and the last time I looked around the net they had a VERY bad name with many unhappy customers. Basically they all got taken. Now if you just want to buy a printer then go to them but if anything is wrong with it then you will curse their name (from everything I have read on the net this is a common theme with them).

For instance there was a burnt out (DOA) SBase from one reported incident and they demanded he mail that back to China to get a swap out. As they said it was 35 new on AliExpress or 40 to ship it back and they know this sort of thing then use it in their favor.

Just stay away from them would be a wise decision I think.

_______
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login