Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

KunPrinter-K86

Posted by marcosoeny 
KunPrinter-K86
March 21, 2016 06:46PM
REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE FOR PRINTER Gun 3D Printer K86

Hello everyone,
My name marcosoeny and I just take a RepRap printer KunPrinter K86.
Youtube I had the mechanical assembly videos.
I have 3 problems.
1: I want a manual that deals exactly with this printer.
2nd: I try to parameterize, is what another RepRap would be similar?
3rd: I search the name or software for modeling on computer.
Thank you to answer me with the details, because I am a beginner and without knowledge of this machine.
I have attached pictures of this printer.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2016 06:47PM by marcosoeny.
Attachments:
open | download - 51fnUDHQEwL._SX425_.jpg (29 KB)
open | download - 71cPP+qFrRL._SL1000_.jpg (125.3 KB)
Re: KunPrinter-K86
March 21, 2016 07:07PM
Re: KunPrinter-K86
June 18, 2016 12:22PM
I have one of these printers, an SD card was included and I thought GREAT, it comes with the files.. well no.. its blank.. it came with nothing but the parts. Lucky after a few HOURS fiddling and searching youtube i was able to get it up and running my first night.

I am not sure what you mean by "parameterize"?

I did a few things with mine. First I downloaded new firmware. It replaced the default stuff that came on it "that was kinda nice" but let me change all the settings that I needed to get to. like Steps per mm for each motor, Axis direction and so on.

One major problem I had was Z axis skip, no not gear skip, belt skip! Since the Z axis is belt driven it is VITAL to slow it down alot. i mean to a crawl.. have the belt tight, and do not let it move fast. nothing like a skip mid build.. Z axis has no need to be fast on a build.

OK other build problem. The X and Y axis have no real way to keep the belt tense. I purchased a few belt tensioner sprints off ebay, one on X one on Y and you are set. Make sure they so not disrupt movement ie. they are not going to collide with anything when they move.

I use CURA for slicing. it is fantastic software, and free of course.

Making your own models is a bit of a different subject, there are plenty of free 3d software out that that do a great job. I use solidworks.. which is certainly not free but a perk of my job smiling smiley

Modifications.. ok here is where i get pissed off. Two thankfully non critical parts showed up warped. Failed prints that i was sent anyway, that is bad enough, but I was refused access to any of the files required to print my own printer parts. As I have needed them I have started to model a few myself, it is not a big priority right now but I will likely model out the entire printer and make the files available, if I ever do it.

I have long experience with 3D printers before this, and well, the filament i received with the printer was absolutely worthless. I have purchased a few spools from companies in the US off eBay and been pleased. who knows where these spools originate. but once i find a reliable eBay supplier I stick with them.

That is about it, Once a print gets started it goes well. Glue sticks are a great help. with PLA i generally run 210 hotend, 60 bed.

Slicer - CURA - [ultimaker.com]
Inteface - Pronter - [www.pronterface.com]
Attachments:
open | download - finalbuild.jpg (262.4 KB)
open | download - x-axis-spring.jpg (39.2 KB)
open | download - y-axis-spring.jpg (43.4 KB)
open | download - printsx.jpg (35.4 KB)
open | download - prints-gb.jpg (36.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login